Home

Custom Conference Manager

This is a discussion on Custom Conference Manager within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

nickefer's Arena

OVR: 3
Custom Conference Manager

For those of you who like to mess with custom conferences and like to progress successful teams up into BCS conferences, I thought I'd share my layout as well as an excel file I use to keep track and simplify everything. I used this last year and actually enjoyed using the "promotion/relegation" conference scenario to run my dynasty.

Of course you're free to run your dynasty however you like but for those who are interested basically here's what I do:

-5 "Power Conferences" (14 teams each) ACC - BIG 10 - BIG 12 - PAC 12 - SEC
-5 "Feeder Conferences" (10 teams each) BIG EAST - MAC - MWC - WAC - SUN BELT
-C-USA consists of the leftover 1* teams, bottom of the barrel teams
-Independent is Army and Navy
----
ACC <-> BIG EAST
BIG 10 <-> MAC
BIG 12 <-> MWC
PAC 12 <-> WAC
SEC <-> SUN BELT
----
-Run my dynasty in 2-year terms, ie: 2012-2013, 2014-2015, etc.
-Changes are made after the 2nd year based on overall record, if ties occur I decide based on points given up.
-Basically at the end of every two years the best team from the feeder conference will be moved up to the power conference and the worst team from the power conference will be moved down to the feeder conference.
----
----
-I do watch how the smaller schools do in C-USA and if one is doing particularly well, I will move them into a feeder conference to replace a team that is constantly struggling

As far as the balance of prestige rankings within the power conferences here is an average how it all plays out.
ACC - 3.79*
BIG 10 - 3.86*
BIG 12 - 3.79*
PAC 12 - 3.79*
SEC - 4.21*

NO 1* teams are in the power conferences and very minimal 2* teams are.

Again this is all just my suggestions and how I do it, make up your own rules you enjoy.

As far as my setup this year, I left most of the team conference changes intact as well as added Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC to reflect the 2013 season.

Here is the excel file with the conferences set up as I use them.
NCAA 13 Conference Manager

For the excel file just plug in the record for each team at the end of the regular season and it will automatically calculate win percentages. Then at the end of your two years just move the teams on the game and update your excel file and clear the records and continue with your dynasty and watch how the layout of the conferences change.

Hope some of you enjoy this and it helps you out if you need some. Let me know if you guys have any questions/suggestions.

Last edited by nickefer; 07-19-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »