Home

NCAA 13 Difficulty Question

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Difficulty Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

stormjr's Arena

OVR: 1
NCAA 13 Difficulty Question

So first a little background...I usually play NCAA every year. But I almost always play it on Varsity and just throttle everyone so i can win a championship every year. It never has any staying power with me because I just win every game.

My attitude has changed, but my skill level has not. I want competitive games, even if it means losing. I played week 1 of my Michigan dynasty against Alabama on Varsity. I won 27-20, but it never felt close. I was up 20-7 at halftime and just got lazy in the 2nd half. I never felt like I had to work to get that win so I never did. BUT it was closer than I'm used to, maybe due to the few new things I'm trying to feel out. I don't know.

So my question is, what can I expect when I go up to AA? Will that scratch my itch? I know, I know, just play it...and I will, but I'm at work right now and I'm curious. I try to play in the spirit of the game, I balance out my running and passing and try not to use 'money plays'.

For someone that's used to playing on Varsity, what can I expect when I move up to AA? (default sliders)

Thanks in advance...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 13 Difficulty Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjr
So first a little background...I usually play NCAA every year. But I almost always play it on Varsity and just throttle everyone so i can win a championship every year. It never has any staying power with me because I just win every game.

My attitude has changed, but my skill level has not. I want competitive games, even if it means losing. I played week 1 of my Michigan dynasty against Alabama on Varsity. I won 27-20, but it never felt close. I was up 20-7 at halftime and just got lazy in the 2nd half. I never felt like I had to work to get that win so I never did. BUT it was closer than I'm used to, maybe due to the few new things I'm trying to feel out. I don't know.

So my question is, what can I expect when I go up to AA? Will that scratch my itch? I know, I know, just play it...and I will, but I'm at work right now and I'm curious. I try to play in the spirit of the game, I balance out my running and passing and try not to use 'money plays'.

For someone that's used to playing on Varsity, what can I expect when I move up to AA? (default sliders)

Thanks in advance...
Just more difficulty is all that comes to mind. You wont find plays so easy, and maybe the game play is more agressive/ intense compared to varsity.

Sounds like AA will be right up your alley man.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

I too am a long time NCAA player (avid since NCAA '02) and I've played almost exclusively on AA. I have tried Varsity, and it was not enough challenge to be engaging or realistic. I have also experimented with Heisman, but found the gameplay too twitchy, but the challenge was certainly there, albeit I found it to be cheap, robo-like play from the CPU beating me rather than true football strategy.

Enough about Heisman, AA has consistently provided me with the right amount of challenge, and has resulted in fairly realistic stats and season results.

I played on PS2 until NCAA '12, and I've been pleased with AA on current gen. I especially like the option to adjust game speed.

I think you will be able to arrive at the type of experience you seek on AA. There are several ways you can tilt the game in your favor if you're finding AA a bit too hard. You can adjust recruiting difficulty down to varsity so you can fill your roster with more quality recruits. You can slow down the game speed as I mentioned. You can use the sliders to strengthen the user, and handicap the CPU.

Personally, after I've acclimated to a new iteration of NCAA and improve, I usually end up adjusting sliders to favor the CPU, and lower my user sliders. I can find the right challenge for me within the range of AA sliders, and in the few times over the years I started to dominate too much, I simply self-imposed recruiting restrictions to govern the incoming talent level.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Rookie

stormjr's Arena

Thanks guys....can't wait to get home and give it a try.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormjr
Thanks guys....can't wait to get home and give it a try.
Play a sim style game, see it through, things will feel different at first but let it play out.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »