Home

Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #73
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

I'd say if your into buying an incomplete product and having to wait for updates before it's playable, then this is for you. I feel sorry for the guys who buy the game and don't play online. They'd be screwed. That'd be like buying a top shelf cambodian hooker and then come game time you find out its a herm with VD and your on Dateline. ouch.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLeon
Oh yeah, 13 is definitely better by leaps and bounds. Certainly the best it has ever been.

In other news, I'm in the best mental state I've ever been. I used to be committing genocide on a daily basis; Now I only kill a guy once a week or so. Now that's progress!
Your point is what seems to fly over a lot of the people's heads who say "This game is fine, quit looking so closely" Those of us who look so close, see these issues that have been in the game for years and wonder why haven't they been addressed. Defenses will now react to 3x1 or twins formations out of the huddle, but STILL can't put the Sam linebacker on the TE in under? The front 7 seven don't have play any sort of gap control? With the new physics engine, I know these things won't be addressed as they will have their hands fill implementing that and making sure the implementation doesn't render other things unplayable.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #75
Rookie

Foechuckle's Arena

OVR: 3
Its funny, if your a football fanatic your gonna buy NCAA or Madden or like me both yeah both games has flaws what game doesn't that uses the same regurgitated game engine from years past. Its unfortunate that EA has turned themselves into a monopoly and has legally gained exclusive rights to the NFL licence and now the partnership with the UFC praying they won't mess that up too???.....Back to my point all the people that are trolling just stop complaining and do something about it we all know what problems NCAA and MADDEN have too the ones that complain we know you will be in the mid-night release line getting MADDEN 13 undercover playing on a bogus account hating it but enjoying it.

Also, those of you expecting the NEXT generation to have leaps and bounds over the generation consoles??? Think again don't expect anything over the top graphics will look better yeah but not by much no matter what console gaming will never catch up to what a PC can do graphically and performance wise even with a **** graphics card for PC with the configuration settings on Low PC will win. Yes, I console game and I don't have a high end PC but I do put together gaming rigs for people lowest price rang $500 and that's after TAXES played BATTLEFIELD 3 on Lowest settings still looked 20x better than Xbox 360 and PS3!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #76
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

This article pretty much sums up how we're feeling around here -- we're no longer buying the BS that EA and their henchmen are trying to shove down our throats.

And I know some will go back to other forums and talk ish about OS but at the end of the day, even you can't deny these issues.

Its like we're gaming in the Matrix -- its either the red pill or the blue pill.

Great article -- I agree 1000000%. Its about time we start keeping it real around here.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 07-21-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I the writers opinion, which NCAA Football game would be the best? I really liked NCAA 11, but I am currently running with NCAA 10.
Anybody that say they are playing '05, '06, '08 games are a joke.........stuck in the past!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #78
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

OVR: 0
So are you saying hold off on Madden because there isn't that much of a difference.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #79
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Most of my games are very low scoring on All American. If I had a dime for every time Nessler said, "If you are an offensive guru you were disappointed in the first half" or something to that effect, I'd be sitting on a stack of cash. Is the game a true simulation of real football? Nope. Is it fun? Yep. I expect a lot of the issues with momentum will be cleared up with next year's addition of the Infinity engine.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Wow! After this no one can ever accuse OS of being shills for EA Sports. Well done. If I do upgrade from NCAA 11 this year, it will probably be to a used copy of 12, not 13.
No do not do that. NCAA 12 was one of the worse installments of the series. So many glitches with the tendency glitch made the game unplayable for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »