Home

Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #97
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I'd say if your into buying an incomplete product and having to wait for updates before it's playable, then this is for you. I feel sorry for the guys who buy the game and don't play online. They'd be screwed. That'd be like buying a top shelf cambodian hooker and then come game time you find out its a herm with VD and your on Dateline. ouch.
What a ridiculous analogy, grow up please.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 1
Well I bought the game. I am buying Madden. It is what I do. I do not like the Halo or buy every installment of COD. Even if I did it is not those games have accurate physics or realism. These are video games, you are supposed to have fun with them. If you do not have fun with them, do something else with your life.

But I am not seeing all these problems. Are there problems in the game? Of course, it is a video game. And I do not like or get my rocks off playing online. I want a real game so I play dynasty off-line and if I do not like something, I change the sliders to reflect or make the game harder.

The game is fun and I am enjoying it almost every day.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #99
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Disclaimer: I haven't read through every post and don't plan to.

I read the article and while it was well written, I think it misses the point. It's still a video game. It doesn't emulate the assistant coach sleeping with the head cheerleader, either, so maybe I shouldn't get the game after all. There are flaws with the game. There are flaws with every video game. I've seen good and bad examples of most of the items in the article. Also, a lot of what's described can be mitigated via sliders. If someone puts strip ball on all the time and it's a problem in your league, change the face mask slider. 7-8 15 yard penalties later they'll get the hint. For most actions in NCAA there are ways to force the issue. No pressure from a 4-man rush? Adjust the pass rush and pass block sliders (hartstoppers has a great starting set in the sliders forum). Don't like the total control passing, adjust the QB accuracy slider and prepare to laugh at a less accurate QB's ineffectiveness throwing the ball much further then 15 yards down field.

The list goes on of the different ways to take a "so-so" game out of the box and turn it into a mainstay in my gaming rotation. The one reason, in my mind, to hold off on buying is the freezing issue, which no amount of sliders can fix. So if you hold off on buying because of that I'm right there with you. If you hold off on buying because of an AI issue that can be corrected in game, then I have to respectfully cross the picket line.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 0
I have been as critical as anyone about EA over the past several years, but I have to say that I am not experiencing the problems you wrote about. I'm not saying they aren't real, but I haven't noticed them.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #101
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

I'm so glad someone else finally said it. The player movement is the root problem with the current-gen NCAAs. You can't make a football simulator without making the players move as realistically as possible. I understand it's difficult to get it down perfectly, but you need to at least be close. NCAA and Madden aren't even in the ballpark though. And once this fundamental element of the game is broken, there's simply no way to make an accurate representation of the sport.

Please EA, I know it's too late for the PS3/360, but when the next-gen consoles come out, PLEASE get the player movement down first. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches for years after that if you'll just get this aspect of the game down right from the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
hmmm you must being playing a different NCAA 13 than me.
I'm not seeing most of the problems stated here and i'm enjoying NCAA 13 so far. The only problem is that I can't strafe in RTG and it's harder to get interceptions.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #103
Banned

As far as I am concerned the biggest problem with NCAA FOOTBALL 13 is the same problem as always- getting realistic results. I have finally settled on the age old formula of All American with the player skills beefed up to 70 and the blocking, tackling, pass and run defense beefed up to 60. Seems to give the best results. In Heisman mode computer players run like they have rockets on their feet. I watched a receiver with a speed of 85 torch my CBs who had speeds of 89, 90, 91. He left them completely in his dust. I have also seen DT run like deer. These things do not happen in All American. It is very difficult to get the right number of plays per game, leading to unrealistic stats during the season.

But other than that I have to admit that I am really enjoying the game. In my opinion, the best NCAA FOOTBALL ever.

Is it flawed? Of course. But not enough for me to stop playing it.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #104
Rookie

ireland412's Arena

OVR: 1
i agree 100% but the fact that its a new version(new rosters) and amazon has it for a low price i would get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »