Home

Advice/help please!!

This is a discussion on Advice/help please!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Advice/help please!!

Ok I am Tx St. in this I understand that my team is bad very bad thats a given!! But heres where I am having trouble!! I get that with the new passing system I have to set and throw/lead the reciever, that all makes perfect sense, However even givin the fact that my QB Rutherford well sucks compaired to the better teams why is it even if I lead a reciver to open field the D jumps everything 4 outta 5 passes get picked off the passing system is killin me. Has anyone figured out how to pass well?? and yes I do wait for the passing Icon to light up, that is if I am not pullin turf outta my helmet

in short:

1. how do I safely throw in the new passing system?

2. are there certain play types I should avoid with a Bad QB?

anyway thanks all! Sorry if this has been asked!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Advice/help please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
Ok I am Tx St. in this I understand that my team is bad very bad thats a given!! But heres where I am having trouble!! I get that with the new passing system I have to set and throw/lead the reciever, that all makes perfect sense, However even givin the fact that my QB Rutherford well sucks compaired to the better teams why is it even if I lead a reciver to open field the D jumps everything 4 outta 5 passes get picked off the passing system is killin me. Has anyone figured out how to pass well?? and yes I do wait for the passing Icon to light up, that is if I am not pullin turf outta my helmet

in short:

1. how do I safely throw in the new passing system?

2. are there certain play types I should avoid with a Bad QB?

anyway thanks all! Sorry if this has been asked!!
What concepts are you using to get your receivers open? You have to make a concerted effort to understand the appropriate time to throw the ball. Do you understand basic passing concepts (i.e. what beats man/zone)?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

Well, Based off my results 4 outta 5 passed being picked, I am gonna have to man up and say I suppose I don't.

I gen run a pistol type offence I gen use the run to set up the pass, if I see man to man I like to go quick hit routes example slants or hooks. as for Zone coverage, still working on that I suppose!!

The thing of is in the past games I have never felt so lost when it comes to my passing game!!

thanks for the reply!!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Practice

1.) I have found that Practice Mode helps me a great amount. I will practice a pass that I think looks good over and over. If I cannot seem to get the hang of that pass, I will try another play. When I start to think I am doing well, feeling confident, then I choose a different defensive set, and keep practicing the same play. Finally, I will bring it to a game.

2.) If your QB accuracy or power rating is in the low 70's or below, that can be a serious problem too hard to overcome.

3.) It seems like you have been trying quick hitting, short passes. A few completions of this type can give your QB a gain in confidence, which in past versions, has increased the QB ratings.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

got ya' seen as how I am trying to build Tx st I am sure it has to do with low numbers, I'll cheack it out. Practice mode was fun the first 2 and half hours lol.. Yeah I will try and shorten my passing game and see if that helps.

thanks for the reply.

Last edited by Groove74; 07-21-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
Practice mode was fun the first 2 and half hours lol..

LOL
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Rookie

There is another thread that might be helpful for you Groove74. It's called "help Being a Better Passer".

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-passer.html
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like to do short safe routes in this game. My team's starting QB is a 62 so passing can be tough. Slants, ins, curls can all help. One thing I've found is curls to the TE work and are easy to read. Just watch the LBs. if they go to the TE look for someone else. If they blitz or drop away hit the TE fast. My TE is my leading receiver using simple safe routes with the occasional post or corner. I feel like unless the game is in cover 2 the middle of the field is open more than the outsides. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »