Home

NCAA exclusive license done after 2014

This is a discussion on NCAA exclusive license done after 2014 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA exclusive license done after 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho
Haha hilarious! I laughed out loud.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
I doubt 2k will be on the horizon anytime soon.
2K's last football game was 2K8 for the current gens. Never played it, but there are still 2 more NCAA games that will come out before the license runs out. That's PLENTY of time to upgrade a system to put out a game.

Also, college football is MUCH more popular than college basketball, baseball, and Arena Football put together. And I didn't read the article, but I believe that EA's NFL license runs out that year, as well. If true, you are making two games in one with just different skins.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
2K's last football game was 2K8 for the current gens. Never played it, but there are still 2 more NCAA games that will come out before the license runs out. That's PLENTY of time to upgrade a system to put out a game.

Also, college football is MUCH more popular than college basketball, baseball, and Arena Football put together. And I didn't read the article, but I believe that EA's NFL license runs out that year, as well. If true, you are making two games in one with just different skins.
It's true. I live in Kentucky, and often go to games. We are basketball crazy here, every game is a sellout, people tailgate, everybody follows the team year-round. SI had an article about our massive online presence as well.

However, we are an exception. UK, Duke, North Carolina are really the only places I see basketball being bigger than football. Heck, even at UK football games, the place sells out at around 65k every game. And Kentucky sucks at football. But there seems to be a automatic popularity regardless of results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

i think what 2k has done with the nba series and engine ncaa 2k14 or whatever has the possibility of being the best football sim ever. the amount of realism in 2k is unbearable and in 2 years who knows where it could go. so i want 2k to take a stab
Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm going to buy the exclusive license, advertise a game with a ton of features, then send out blank dvd's to everyone. When everyone gets them and is mad, I will say don't worry, I will send out a patch at the end of the month, but I really won't. Either that or I'll say, because this is a new generation of games on new consoles, I thought I should start off with a clean slate and build up from there. Next year we might add a feature where football players will play football, but it will only be 5 on 5.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
I'm going to buy the exclusive license, advertise a game with a ton of features, then send out blank dvd's to everyone. When everyone gets them and is mad, I will say don't worry, I will send out a patch at the end of the month, but I really won't. Either that or I'll say, because this is a new generation of games on new consoles, I thought I should start off with a clean slate and build up from there. Next year we might add a feature where football players will play football, but it will only be 5 on 5.
In for 10 copies
Old 07-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
In for 10 copies
If you want ten copies, I can let you in on my season pass where you can pay $25 to get the game 3 days early too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm going to close this for now.

This topic has no relevance to this forum.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »