Home

Massive Transfers?

This is a discussion on Massive Transfers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

OVR: 2
Massive Transfers?

What's the point of having recruiting classes if you can't keep players around? I don't see half of Bama/Texas/Michigan/OSU's classes transferring home or to some crappy school because of "playing time" issues while being redshirted.

There's no point to signing people or redshirting freshman, since they'll all just transfer away. In my Michigan dynasty after year one 8 (EIGHT!) freshman are transferring because they were either redshirted or weren't starters year one. This is, quite frankly, game breaking for me...what's the point of recruiting? Just have people transfer to you.

Stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Massive Transfers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain El 82
What's the point of having recruiting classes if you can't keep players around? I don't see half of Bama/Texas/Michigan/OSU's classes transferring home or to some crappy school because of "playing time" issues while being redshirted.

There's no point to signing people or redshirting freshman, since they'll all just transfer away. In my Michigan dynasty after year one 8 (EIGHT!) freshman are transferring because they were either redshirted or weren't starters year one. This is, quite frankly, game breaking for me...what's the point of recruiting? Just have people transfer to you.

Stupid.
Sounds fine to me. Perhaps a bit too many, but I would prefer too many to none. I have seen a few a year both in and out. Did you break any promises?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

These are real-life freshman. That's what's so frustrating, is they come in artificially low (compared to their game-generated counterparts) and they're all at positions where they'd get good PT following their RS year.

The fact that they're ALL complaining about "playing time"...yeah, dude, you're getting REDSHIRTED. You're not going to start as a 73 OVR over a senior who's 80. Sorry.

Never had an issues with previous "game breaking" bugs before (tendency switch, etc), but this one takes the cake. I'm not going to go back and re-play my whole first year of dynasty, simming or not.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ive only had really sub-par players transfer complaining of play time and i had no prob with it. I did find it kinda unreal that i had four players transfer to my school from major BCS schools and im playing with buffalo
Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain El 82
These are real-life freshman. That's what's so frustrating, is they come in artificially low (compared to their game-generated counterparts) and they're all at positions where they'd get good PT following their RS year.

The fact that they're ALL complaining about "playing time"...yeah, dude, you're getting REDSHIRTED. You're not going to start as a 73 OVR over a senior who's 80. Sorry.

Never had an issues with previous "game breaking" bugs before (tendency switch, etc), but this one takes the cake. I'm not going to go back and re-play my whole first year of dynasty, simming or not.
Nick Saban thinks you are a ***** and there is nothing you can do about it. Nick Saban would have pulled all 8 of their scholarships before they could transfer. Then he woulda cut your 2 star punter cuz. Then before you could protest, he would tell you how mediocre and over achieving people don't get along. (Do i need to tell you which group he sees you in?)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

sounds like you just opened up eight spots on your recruiting board, better get to work bro
Old 07-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13

Saban actually tells athletes that have no chance of playing: remember Star Jackson.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

I'll list the players, their positions/overall and their position on the depth chart.

Dennis Norfleet (HB,67) 4th
Joe Bolden (MLB, 75) 3rd, with the starter a mid-90s SR (would start year 2)
Jarrod Wilson (FS, 72) 3rd
Blake Bars (RG, 72) 3rd, with the starter a high-80s SR
Ondre Pipkins (DT, 73) 5th, 1 SR starter
Royce Jenkins-Stone (ROLB, 70) 3rd, 2nd-string was a SR
Terry Richardson (CB, 71) 7th, 1 SR starter
AJ Williams (TE, 74) 4th, but 2 SRs ahead of him

The guys I bolded are the ones I can see transferring. The rest is EA overreacting, per usual. Thanks for destroying an entire class EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »