Home

Depth Chart NCAA 13

This is a discussion on Depth Chart NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Depth Chart NCAA 13

I wouldn't mind if the game dropped designations for what side a player plays on. I'd rather just have T, G, DE, DB, LB instead of LT/LG/RG/RG/CB/FS/SS/OLB/MLB, etc. Maybe instead they could have traits where a player may play better at one position over another, so maybe you have two Tackles that are 85/83 at RT, but show up 88/79 at LT because one of them is better suited to play the blindside (or vice-versa if you have a lefty at QB). Would help the CPU properly sort the depthchart by position while also preventing better players getting stuck as backups at a single spot.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateraider
not to be a jerk, but left tackle and right tackle are two different positions, and require two different skill sets. it's the reason why you see "franchise left tackles" taken as top five draft picks, not "franchise right tackles". left tackles are way more premium and since they protect the blindside, need to be studs.

and if mizzous #1 left tackle is a senior, the sophomore will take over for him the next year, sounds realistic to me.
pirateraider, you make valid points and I don't look at you as being a jerk..lol.

my point was when recruiting in the game you're recruiting an offensive tackle. I think we all look for studs, if you're recruiting for a major institution. The big schools are going to get the studs without a doubt. I highly doubt recruiters go into recruiting saying, "well we're set at left tackle the next couple years because we brought in a stud and so there's no reason to go after another for another couple years". That doesn't happen, you agree with that? And if they do? If he's a stud he's probably not going to steal the left tackles position but he's probably going to play opposite the left tackle. In the example I used earlier where I dynasty simmed up a few years the depth chart was messed up, bad.

As I brought up earlier, the best should play, it's a video game and the programming logic should be simple. It's not gameplay programming. It's depth chart logic programming.

My favorite part of this game is gameplay and offline dynasty. I go into dynasty knowing I'm going to be making alot of changes to my squad as well as the computers squads. I make these changes because I want to know I'm beating the best with their best of the field. Give it a sim feel.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jim
No, it really doesn't. It is unusual for a tackle to switch sides midseason.
Bama's Barrett Jones did, he played all positions on the O-line last year.
He's a best fit at tackle but will play center this year as that's where he's needed. Just sayin'.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #20
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
As I brought up earlier, the best should play, it's a video game and the programming logic should be simple. It's not gameplay programming. It's depth chart logic programming.
It's one thing to have tackles from either side on the depth chart. I get that. But I shouldn't see my #2 TE listed as the backup center, just because he has +1 OVR on the other centers I recruited.

The user should have to TWEAK the depth chart, not completely do the depth chart all on their own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »