Home

QB Fumbles

This is a discussion on QB Fumbles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Rookie

bigperm58's Arena

OVR: 0
QB Fumbles

So I was playing with my Buckeyes in dynasty mode yesterday and in my second game, I'm playing Notre Dame in the 'Shoe.

So I have the ball, fourth and inches at ND's 42-yard line. It's too far for a FG but I'm loath to punt it because I'm down a td late in the second quarter. I call QB Sneak out of I-Form Tight and what do you know, Braxton Miller puts it on the turf. Doesn't get hit as there are no ND defenders within a yard of him. ND's line had wide splits for some reason, even though I'm big on running it up the middle in short yardage situations and had already at least three times in the game. He just drops the ball as he's going to the turf.

Later on in the same game, it's 3rd and short and in ND's territory driving in for the score. Same play, same result. And this isn't the first time it's happened to me more than once in a game. I'm really starting to sense a pattern here.

Has anybody else playing with Ohio State or with any other mobile quarterbacks encountered this? If so, how do you fix it, if there is a fix? It's getting pretty annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Rookie

ccodycash's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: QB Fumbles

I have had a couple weird QB fumbles myself... I run a Pistol offense with a lot of option in it - twice I've had the QB break through the line and get into the secondary (15-20 yds downfield) and before he takes a big hit from the Safety I hit X to slide/dive... As he went into the dive animation before contact he just dropped the ball... like hmmm I dont feel like carrying this anymore... luckily I was up in the games both times it happened but still annoying.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
Rookie

bigperm58's Arena

I had that happen to me a couple of times as well. It usually happens when I'm running speed options off to the right side of the field, and the qb keeps. I had it happen one time when I was about twenty yards downfield, went to slide, and before the defenders even lay a finger on me I'm fumbling the ball. I even looked at it on replay from every angle for about five minutes straight and couldn't see any defensive player even start to hit me.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

I play with Michigan, denard fumbles about 3-4 times a game. No matter what.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Diving with the QB has almost always caused more fumbles than normal. It's quite annoying, especially when the QB goes into the dive animation instead of sliding for no reason whatsoever, runs into a guy while diving, and fumbles the ball away like he's never carried a football in his life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Rookie

Im in an online dynasty with UTSA who has a decent qb compared to the rest of the team. Through 3 games I have the worst turn over diff in the country. I have 2 pics and 8 fumbles lost! 8! I have no idea how many I have actually fumbled. Oh and I always have conservative on with my ball carriers. I dont protect ball as much as I should but then again I shouldnt be avg almost 3 fumble turn overs a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »