Home

Dynasty Player Progression

This is a discussion on Dynasty Player Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dynasty Player Progression

Hey all. I haven't bought this game yet and not sure if I will but I haven't seen any threads on how players are progressing this year. Usually it's messed up but hopefully this year they got it right. So has anyone noticed how much players progress in a dynasty? Thanks for any insight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dynasty Player Progression

Didn't get that far. Half the teams play 11 game schedules in future seasons, half the top running backs are white, no exporting to Madden and so on and so on......
Old 07-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinwhitaker11
Hey all. I haven't bought this game yet and not sure if I will but I haven't seen any threads on how players are progressing this year. Usually it's messed up but hopefully this year they got it right. So has anyone noticed how much players progress in a dynasty? Thanks for any insight.
The same as every year. There is no dynamic progression. Every position has a specific formula it follows year in and year out.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 07-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They seem to progress more realistically. The highest Ive had a player progress in the off season is 5 points. In NCAA 12 there were a lot of players on my roster that were getting 5-7 points.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

A player seems to be able to progess 2-3 points in season based on season success and they get 3-6 in the offseason. Aside from glitches that seem to be in effect coaching carousel i would say that Dynasty is possibly the best its ever been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
Didn't get that far. Half the teams play 11 game schedules in future seasons, half the top running backs are white, no exporting to Madden and so on and so on......
I get the scheduling annoyance, but is the elicits of the running backs really ruining it for you?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambill10
I get the scheduling annoyance, but is the elicits of the running backs really ruining it for you?
And can't you just edit them the following season when they're on their new teams if it really is bothersome?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
What is this, the 60's? We have white schools and black schools again? I can't believe that having white running backs actually bothers you to the point that you don't want to play Dynasty. Unbelievable. The ignorance of people these days. WHITE RUNNING BACKS EXIST. Why is that so hard to believe?
If we keep going down this path the thread will get closed. I know this from experience.

However to respond to your point, i think the issue is realism. You will find in the game that half of the top rated running backs (sometimes more) end up being white by the time the original players are all gone in 4 or so years. This is also true for corner backs (but oddly not receivers where this would be more realistic). To make things worse they have names like Treymane and Jacory and so on. Furthermore almost all high rated kickers are black which is even more unrealistic.

You dont have to be a racist to recognize that if youre playing a game thats trying to simulate real life NCAA football, having even half of the top runningbacks and corners be white and almost all of the kickers/punters be black (with dreads even) is just not what a real life simulation of football looks like. Its not a matter of ignorance but just keeping the game realistic.

Yes you could edit them, but you shouldnt have too, and its a widespread flaw so you would have to take a lot of time editing 100 backs, kickers, punters, and cornerbacks every recruiting class. Also editing players makes their heads big for some reason. People that are annoyed by this like to keep the simulation going. So the big head option is also not that appealing.

P.S there are a lot of black colleges such as Morehouse, Howard, Tuskegee, Grambling, etc. Just to let you know

Ok hopefully this post doesnt get me in trouble this is all i will say on it- back on topic

Dynasty mode is pretty awesome.

Last edited by feeq14; 07-22-2012 at 05:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »