Home

Recruiting: What do you look at?

This is a discussion on Recruiting: What do you look at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Masakra's Arena

OVR: 1
Recruiting: What do you look at?

Hey guys, I know there are a ton of recruiting threads so far, but after going through dozens already, I have yet to get a thorough and complete answer to the following:

What do you specifically look at in regards to EVERY position (QB all the way through ATH) in terms of stats? For example: given a list of QBs, one might first look at the OVR, then at the QB's THP and THA...but is that all? Am I missing something I should be looking at when viewing their "More Info" tab?

The same question goes for: HB, FB, WR, TE, etc etc...

I'd like to get a consensus list going for each position...I believe it would be beneficial for any new recruiters like myself when going through a list of names, numbers and stars.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruiting: What do you look at?

I mean QB I'm looking at Accuracy. I like a pocket passer with decent speed doesn't have to be a burner. Throwing Power doesn't need to be too high. I don't need a jamarcus Russell lol.

Running Back I'm looking for power and then a back with speed to kinda have the thunder and lightning type combo we see in the NFL.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Masakra's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan7887
I mean QB I'm looking at Accuracy. I like a pocket passer with decent speed doesn't have to be a burner. Throwing Power doesn't need to be too high. I don't need a jamarcus Russell lol.

Running Back I'm looking for power and then a back with speed to kinda have the thunder and lightning type combo we see in the NFL.
Right, this is what I meant...except a description for EVERY position. Like right now, my "Needs" include 2 FBs, but I have yet to see anyone describe what to look for in a FB.

Thanks for contributing though!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakra
Right, this is what I meant...except a description for EVERY position. Like right now, my "Needs" include 2 FBs, but I have yet to see anyone describe what to look for in a FB.

There is no one answer to this question. It completely depends on the type of player you prefer. Some may prefer a A THP, C THA quarterback, some may prefer a C THP, A THA quarterback. Some may want to use a FB to run and have B speed and not care about the blocking stats, some may plan to use the FB as only a blocker, so they just look at blocking stats.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakra

I would look for a FB that is good in run and pass blocking.

hope i can be a help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Banned

Ninjas N Grits's Arena

OVR: 3
Even though its not as extreme as it used to be, speed is a killer. Even at positions like FB, its more important for me to be able to hit him in the flats then for him to be strong. So I look at speed everywhere except O line

****Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was #42****
Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm never in a position to be picky. I always just recruit the highest rated players who want to come to my school and sort the rest out in cut players.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0

I look for an accurate thrower with good speed/agility for my spread offense

I look for a HB (maybe an ATH) that has good speed/agility/Vision that also has solid hands and route running ability

WR i look for size and route running ability, and then a good slot guy that could also run some sweeps and options, kind of like a Percy Harvin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »