Home

Issue with recruiting goals.

This is a discussion on Issue with recruiting goals. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Issue with recruiting goals.

Right now I'm in year 2 of a dynasty as FAU. As a small school recruits are a big deal. I need to grab 25 guys to get both depth and starters since most of my team is 63-70 overall. The problem I have is with how the recruiting goal works in the contract. I wanna meet this goal cause it's easy but they need to let you recruit out of position players to meet the goal. My problem right now is I need a fb. Not as a starter. He'll be a backup who never plays. The game just says I need one. However, the only one I have any chance of signing is a 43 overall fully scouted. He's gonna be useless. I signed a blocking TE who I plan to make a FB but since I can't make that change yet I have to sign a 43 overall FB.

This really messes up my recruiting. I have too many needs to waste time and a recruit on a guy I'm only signing because it says he plays FB. I'm even gonna cut him once I convert my TE. Why won't the game let you fill needs like this. You can do this for a ton of positions. LBs can play D line. Corners can play safety. Even athletes who are clearly CBs won't fill a CB recruiting need. It's not the biggest issue in the world but I don't like being forced to recruit someone I don't want simply because the game won't let me make the TE a FB and fix the issue right away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Issue with recruiting goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption1
Right now I'm in year 2 of a dynasty as FAU. As a small school recruits are a big deal. I need to grab 25 guys to get both depth and starters since most of my team is 63-70 overall. The problem I have is with how the recruiting goal works in the contract. I wanna meet this goal cause it's easy but they need to let you recruit out of position players to meet the goal. My problem right now is I need a fb. Not as a starter. He'll be a backup who never plays. The game just says I need one. However, the only one I have any chance of signing is a 43 overall fully scouted. He's gonna be useless. I signed a blocking TE who I plan to make a FB but since I can't make that change yet I have to sign a 43 overall FB.

This really messes up my recruiting. I have too many needs to waste time and a recruit on a guy I'm only signing because it says he plays FB. I'm even gonna cut him once I convert my TE. Why won't the game let you fill needs like this. You can do this for a ton of positions. LBs can play D line. Corners can play safety. Even athletes who are clearly CBs won't fill a CB recruiting need. It's not the biggest issue in the world but I don't like being forced to recruit someone I don't want simply because the game won't let me make the TE a FB and fix the issue right away.

At the end of the day you are going to need to cut people anyways. So recruiting a FB you will eventually cut should not be that big of a deal. You are still going to get 24 recruits which I bet you still cut freshman you recruit every year. I know I do.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
At the end of the day you are going to need to cut people anyways. So recruiting a FB you will eventually cut should not be that big of a deal. You are still going to get 24 recruits which I bet you still cut freshman you recruit every year. I know I do.
I get your point but the issue is since he was a need I've been recruiting him since week 1 so I coulda spent all that time on a 3 star SS instead.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started a dynasty as OC at FAU and then took a job as HC at LaTech in year 2, and when I had to meet recruiting requirements for my contract that I knew I didn't really need, I targeted players in states I wanted to establish as pipeline states like FL, GA, MS, LA, TX, CA, etc. The caliber of the player was secondary to their ability to help me get a toehold in a new pipeline state; I can always cut them later if need be. Signing as many as five players like that is totally worth it in the long run, IMHO, especially in the first year or two of your dynasty, where only high speed is going to make an immediate impact.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I definitely have an issue with the recruiting goals. I don't really think there should be any. A real college AD doesn't particularly care about what you're doing on the recruiting trail. They care if it translates to the field. If it doesn't, then they have an issue. The only recruiting goal that needs to be on there is sign a top 100 class or top 75 or wherever your school is at.

Some people don't like to cut for realistic purposes. Unfortunately, you are forced to regardless because the game recruits at the end for your to sign the max 25. A lot of people have house rules to cut any guy the CPU signs though. I have a problem wasting time on someone and then cutting him. I also have always had a rule not to cut guys that I sign. I want to keep a guy I spent time trying to get to my school. It is pretty ridiculous that the game in a sense forces you to recruit a guy you don't want or need.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »