Home

Will EA patch Penn State to lower their rating

This is a discussion on Will EA patch Penn State to lower their rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #49
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Will EA patch Penn State to lower their rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoastrider
Someone needs a history lesson. These guys were coaching before there was even a distinction between the divisions. The NCAA didn't separate the sharks from the minnows until '73. IT wasn't until '78 that what we now call the FCS, and FBS was created by, once again, splitting D-1 into "the have's and have-nots creating the D1-A and D-1AA. Also, back in the day when MOST of the BEST football players in the country were playing at HBCU's in the D1-AA, VERY FEW of the so-called major college football schools wanted to play them. I know it sounds strange, but it is an absolute truth. The best college football teams in the country were HBCU's up until about '75 or so. Eddie Robinson is THE all-time winningest coach in college football.
Preach...Coach Eddie Robinson at Grambling, Coach Jake Gaither at Florida A&M, and Coach John Merritt at Tennessee State had some monster teams back in the day.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 07-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #50
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
you're*

Techincally, your is the right word to use there. It wouldn't make sense to say "You are all time college blablahblah".
Old 07-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #51
Cupcake on your schedule

igolfbad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Techincally, your is the right word to use there. It wouldn't make sense to say "You are all time college blablahblah".
"Technically", "blahblahblah" Otherwise, the use of "your" is completely accurate.

Lest you forget, Bowden had to forfeit 11 (12?) wins for a cheating scandal, and who knows what else went on that wasn't reported.

Eddie Robinson wins this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #52
Cupcake on your schedule

igolfbad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Actually, I have the most wins in college football history. I stand at 781-210 since NCAA '03. 991 total games, never simmed, recorded stats for each game and season in hardback archive quality books. Yes, I know I'm a nerd.
Wow, Stone! You've been coaching for almost 80 years!

How many times have you pooped your pants on the sideline?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #53
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
EA does not acknowledge punishments. Never have never will. If they do this then u better do Miami and Ohio state too
If you mean they have never recognized real life punishments, then yes, you're correct, however, in previous iterations of the game(I can't remember what year they stopped doing it) they actually allowed you to punish players for off-field issues. I always loved that portion of it but apparently the NCAA had a problem with it.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #54
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

1st off, english/history lesson: The OP's original sentence: "Congratulations Bobby Bowden, your all time college football coach for wins." Would have been better written as: "Congratulations Bobby Bowden. You're (as in You are) the all time FBS college football coach for wins." End of english/history lesson.

On topic: I'm debating whether I'll take control of Penn State and knee cap them myself.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 12

has anyone re-created penn st. with lower ratings on teambuilder for ps3?
Northern Illinois Huskies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #56
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysgtam
They should patch it to where you can recruit their players
Hahaha, that's GREAT! Imagine if every single dynasty started with an options list like this:

- Schedule Changes
- Redshirts
- Penn State Dispersal Recruiting
- Pre-Season Recruiting
- Advance to Week 1

Tongue in cheek, but wouldn't that reflect the reality of what teams are doing all over the country as we speak?

There's nothing EA can do NOW, anyway, until this thing sorts itself out. As long as Silas Redd continues to play for Penn State, it's not like he's going to run any slower this year because of what happened in the Lasch Building 10 years ago.

I highly doubt there will be a roster/ratings patch later on to address transferred players. Keep in mind that EA has always carefully walked that line of making QB#1 an accurate reflection of the real guy who plays for Penn State, without actually declaring that it IS him, thereby "marketing off of collegiate players". They also took discipline out of the game so as not to make the NCAA or specific programs look bad.

The Sandusky case, Paterno's involvement/death, and their implications were pretty well understood by the end of November 2011. If EA intended on lowering the "prestige" of PSU based on those factors, they should have had adequate opportunity to already have done that.

IIRC, when they had discipline in the mid-2000's PS2 versions of the game, they imported pre-existing probation/loss of scholarships/bowl bans so that those were in effect if you started a dynasty with those teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »