Home

Freshman Transfer after 1 season

This is a discussion on Freshman Transfer after 1 season within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Freshman Transfer after 1 season

Yeah I lost 5-6 FR(RS) & SO's playing as LSU. Ratings ranged from 70-77 sucks...
Old 07-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

I like it, similar to real life where these entitled kids feel that they deserve immediate playing time. It's something I wanted EA to work on for years (better transfer logic). Luckily I'm at Ole Miss right now, and i haven't brought in too many highly rated prospects, and the ones that I do have get to contribute early.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
Yeah I lost 5-6 FR(RS) & SO's playing as LSU. Ratings ranged from 70-77 sucks...
I think that makes sense though, those are the type of players that leave elite schools to start right away at smaller schools in real life. If there is a player ahead of them they aren't willing to wait around if they feel they should be playing in their second year on campus.

I'm looking forward to the additional challenge in building and maintaining an elite program because that has been to easy in previous years without transfers depleting your depth of high 70's and low 80's backups to constantly field a top ten team and that should be a huge achievement, not just another evening of playing dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
I like it, similar to real life where these entitled kids feel that they deserve immediate playing time. It's something I wanted EA to work on for years (better transfer logic). Luckily I'm at Ole Miss right now, and i haven't brought in too many highly rated prospects, and the ones that I do have get to contribute early.
It makes sense that any recruit rated 75+ is going to expect to contribute right away. One thing I want to test more though is giving a 77 OVR DT 15-20 plays per game in a rotation behind three senior DT's next season in my dynasty. If he sees the field I expect him to stay, but I bet if redshirt him, he leaves.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wondering if any of this has any correlation to the playing time pitch and the importance of it to the player.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambill10
It makes sense that any recruit rated 75+ is going to expect to contribute right away. One thing I want to test more though is giving a 77 OVR DT 15-20 plays per game in a rotation behind three senior DT's next season in my dynasty. If he sees the field I expect him to stay, but I bet if redshirt him, he leaves.
EXACTLY. Kids don't want to redshirt (even if it's the best thing for them), and would rather play a couple snaps in a year instead. Another thing to look at is a recruits interest in playing early. I try to remember that during the recruiting process, and if the kid looks good enough not to redshirt I'll get the promises ready.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxdomination
I wondering if any of this has any correlation to the playing time pitch and the importance of it to the player.
That would be interesting to find out.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I had a 74 Overall Freshman QB who I Red Shirted the first season. He was going to be my starter following the next season only he decides to transfer to Temple. Even if I promised him to start 9 games I couldn't get him to stay?

So he gets red shirted by me and sits out his first season (to be the starter the following season) then transfers to Temple to sit out as a transfer the next season and they have 2 QB's with overall's of 83 right now. This guy was essentially my franchise QB until he graduated and now he will probably never play a snap in college. This was in the first season of one of my dynasty's so this guy had no promises that would affect him leaving.

It definitely made for an interesting storyline as I didn't recruit any QB's because I planned on him staying but the promises to keep transfer's should have more weight and some type of realistic logic to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »