Home

Is recruiting too easy now?

This is a discussion on Is recruiting too easy now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is recruiting too easy now?

Yes, the pre season recruiting board automatically gives the prospect big intrest in your school
Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with a lot that has been posted. I think one thing that has made a huge difference is there are a lot of higher rated players that only have a couple of teams on their list, which means you are automatically one of the top schools just by putting him on your board. Only the 1 & 2 star recruits should have much of a vacancy for their list (maybe some 3*, but most 4 & 5* should have at least 8-10 on their list). If you were to go look at the list of schools interested in the 4 & 5* recruits in real life as well as even 3* recruits there is normally a sizeable list. Also, if you look at the list for who the recruits on considering, there will normally be a pretty sizeable list there as well.

The second big thing I have noticed is that the computer doesn't seem to offer enough scholarships (at least not early enough). Many of my top recruits I have had absolutely no competition for.

Last edited by montesixpac; 07-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurojjj19
I think part of the problem is were getting credit each week for offering promises. Play til about week 10 and then go into your promises screen and there will be 10 versions of the same exact promise for each recruit.
You on the 360 or PS3?

I've yet to see this on the PS3
Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
You on the 360 or PS3?

I've yet to see this on the PS3
It is most definitely on PS3 and will be fixed with August patch.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
There is a bug in the game right now that will be fixed in the August patch. Basically, when you make a promise, that promise carries over 2 and sometimes 3 weeks. Meaning, you get those points 2 or 3 times. Go look at your promises and you will notice a player has multiple promises of the same promise, like 3x "No redshirt".

If you give 3 promises in the first week and they all are promised in the 2nd week as well, you will get an extra 500 or so points in week 2.
This is a bug, but it isn't really the problem. You can get these highly rated recruits even without making promises.

The problem as I've seen it is mostly on offense (QB, HB, WR). The CPU will avoid busts unless they are in the mid-to-high 70's, and even then you can possibly snag one at a position like WR. On defense, however, there is much more competition from the CPU generally speaking. I've gotten into some great recruiting battles as Mizzou against SEC schools and lost, even after using 3 promises. I think this has to do with the sheer number of 4* and higher players at HB and WR in comparison to the defensive positions. Another problem I detailed in an earlier thread is breaking nto the Top 10 so easily now allows you to get to #1 so quick on the unrecruited players that you can easily stave off attempts by the CPU to recruit later on the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdp14
Yes, the pre season recruiting board automatically gives the prospect big intrest in your school
Even more so if you scout those
NA recruits in preseason.
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #23

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

For any of you that are interested. Here are the recruiting rules I have come up with to make things a little more difficult:

- All 35 recruiting board spots must be used at all times.

- The only "non-initially interested" players I can go after must come from one of my pipeline states OR my real-life home state, Louisiana, which I will "purchase" as an additional pipeline state.

- I cannot remove players from my board once my initial preseason board is finalized (finalized meaning "advanced to the season menu"). Once the board is finalized, I cannot remove a player unless they have signed with another school.

- Any player added to the initial preseason recruiting board can be scouted up to 30 minutes in the preseason.

- Once the season begins, I will rely solely on the CPU's automatic scouting that gets done each week. No scouting time can be used manually during the regular season minus one exception (next bullet point).

- Any new player added to my board in the regular season can be manually scouted for 10 minutes and can be removed only during the week he is added. Once the week is advanced, he is to remain on the board, just as the others, until he signs elsewhere.

- Other than the above rules, I will rely solely on the game's Heisman recruiting difficulty level to prohibit me from building my team in an unrealistic fashion. With that said, I will make every effort to recruit in a realistic fashion for a school of UAB's current prestige level and will adjust accordingly as the team hopefully improves.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Definately, yes. Some of the keys I've noticed:

- Promises bug seems to 'help'
- CPU seems reluctant to offer early this year
- CPU avoids busts, even though they may be the best available

Each of the above were listed, here is the one I havent seen mentioned:
- Choosing your pitches allows you to use your time SO much more effectively than the CPU.

Here is an easy way to make it blatantly obvoius. Take a 2* team, with 1 A, 2 B, and the rest of thier pitches in the C/D range. First recruit manually for that player, and you'll likely land ~150-200 ish points if its a pipe recruit and one of those is v high / most. Advance to next week. Use 30 mins of auto call (what i'm assuming CPU recruiting logic is using) - and watch as you get +20-50ish for that same recruit.

Now - imagine you had to do the quick call on every recruit - every week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »