Home

No strafe in Road to Glory?

This is a discussion on No strafe in Road to Glory? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3
No strafe in Road to Glory?

Just started a RTG with a safety and realize right away that I can't strafe. Why?? Because LT is used for the reaction time. I turned the game off...

Last edited by JDoze; 07-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Nort73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No strafe in Road to Glory?

This might be the deciding factor in whether I purchase the game or not. I love being a DB in RTG, and they completely ruined it. I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago but it went completely by the wayside. Hopefully EA gets the message and tweaks the controls.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nort73
This might be the deciding factor in whether I purchase the game or not. I love being a DB in RTG, and they completely ruined it. I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago but it went completely by the wayside. Hopefully EA gets the message and tweaks the controls.
More proof that they don't test. How can you add basically a new mode of play and attach it to a single button that serves as an integral function in defensive play?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
More proof that they don't test. How can you add basically a new mode of play and attach it to a single button that serves as an integral function in defensive play?
The ability to strafe was once a key part of the game for a long time and now the programmers continue to either ignore the necessity of that button, or refuse to allow players the capability.

When "rocket-catching" became all the rave, the programmers saw how powerful that button was and removed it from the higher levels. Since then, user catching as a WR, as well as playing as DB to make a user int, all has since gone downhill. I used to love throwing jump balls to my 6'6 receivers on fade routes and streaks because i had the ability to go make a play on the ball. Now, those plays aren't nearly as seamless as they should be.

It's a real shame.

EA game developers, if you're reading this - put it back in the game, but find a way to dial down the effectiveness.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Goins's Arena

OVR: 4

After i realized i could continue to strafe when my reaction time wore off it wasnet as bad, but at the same time this killed RTG for me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySirius
The ability to strafe was once a key part of the game for a long time and now the programmers continue to either ignore the necessity of that button, or refuse to allow players the capability.

When "rocket-catching" became all the rave, the programmers saw how powerful that button was and removed it from the higher levels. Since then, user catching as a WR, as well as playing as DB to make a user int, all has since gone downhill. I used to love throwing jump balls to my 6'6 receivers on fade routes and streaks because i had the ability to go make a play on the ball. Now, those plays aren't nearly as seamless as they should be.

It's a real shame.

EA game developers, if you're reading this - put it back in the game, but find a way to dial down the effectiveness.
But defensive strafing is as fundamental to football as a QB's drop back or a defensive end's swim move. How could they super cede with a slow-mo function?

By the way, what section of the fanbase (casual or hardcore) was asking for a slow-mo reaction time portion of the game? Nobody liked that "In-the zone" crap in Madden's 40 yard dash, we don't need it here either.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I also love playing as a DB, and that really bugs me too. It could have been masked with something like fixing the practices for DBs, or fixing the ratings when you come out of highschool for example I have a 48 jumping, and once I had a QB come out with a 48 throwing power.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Goins's Arena

OVR: 4

If only they would have gave you the ability to turn reaction time off. Or make it only on the offensive side of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »