Home

LOL AT EA'S RESPONSE TEAM

This is a discussion on LOL AT EA'S RESPONSE TEAM within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #57
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: LOL AT EA'S RESPONSE TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Totally agree. He does it on every post that even HINTS at the thought that maybe.. JUST MAYBE. EA messed up. I've gotten to the point where I just ignore him. He reminds me of overly zealous religious people.
Yeah I mean I'm having fun with the game but do notice problems with it. I'm not going to come on here and be mean to every person who suggests there might be issues.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

And those are fair criticisms. He should have said sorry and that the team is working on it, whether true or not. But a sup isnt going to be able to tell you the secret freeze fix EA has been keeping secret.

Also, to the guy wanting a refund... Everyone here knows damn well you can't return opened software for anything but the same product. Was there ever any confusion about that?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #59
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
This is true.

The other problem is people waste their time being angry with the corporate entity that is EA.
We're unhappy with a years-long string of mediocre (or worse) football games produced under a monopoly. Every year, EA makes promises that are either greatly exaggerated or just flat-out lies, they leave the same bugs and glitches in year after year, and they fail to fix fundamental gameplay issues. Who should we be angry at, if not EA?

Quote:
Here's what we know:
1. NCAA works with a smaller budget and for smaller profit margins than other EA Sports titles
What?!? NCAA sells at the same $60 MSRP as every other video game, including other EA sports titles like Madden. If the sale price is the same, and the production budget is actually smaller, then NCAA is working on a LARGER profit margin than other titles, because EA would be making more on each game sold. It may make less total profit than Madden because it doesn't sell as many copies, but the margins per copy aren't necessarily smaller.

Quote:
2. Quality Control has been hugely cut back at EA (I believe most of the testing is outsourced overseas like their IT support)
This is true, and is a very large part of the problem. This is why we are angry with EA--they cut back on QC to save money and increase their profit margins, resulting in shipping a broken game every year that the consumers pay $60 to become beta testers for, then we wait months for patches that may or may not fix issues that make the game genuinely unplayable (like the current freezing issue or corrupt dynasty saves). All so EA can make another dollar or two on each game sold. And we're not supposed to be angry about this?

Quote:
3. The exorbitant price of the Exclusive Licenses for football games has forced them to cut back in other areas
EA chose to take the exclusive licenses, EA outbid any other competitors to get those licenses, and EA negotiated the resulting deals. At each step, EA made its own bed, but now it's forcing consumers to lie in it. EA didn't have to pay for these licenses. EA could have refused to pay for exclusive and insisted on paying less for an open license. EA made a business decision to gamble on exclusivity, but it's consumers who are now paying for their losing bet.

Quote:
4. If the choice came down to overhauling the title or shutting it down, EA would shut it down. It's a niche game whose audience isn't big enough to dedicate the resources necessary to make the game that people want.
I'm sick of hearing this argument about NCAA. It's just not true. Every single year, the NCAA game sells close to a million copies, which is an absolute "hit" for any game publisher. Last year's worthless entry sold over 700,000 copies in just its first two weeks! (see http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UBFd5KNAa7E). NCAA football is a very strong seller every year. Sure, its sales are dwarfed by Madden, which is a mega-hit and sells about 2.5 million copies each year, but any game with NCAA's sales numbers is still a successful game. And with the amount of development overlap and resource sharing between NCAA and Madden, plus the lack of actual innovation in this series for the past 5 years or so, NCAA should be an extremely profitable game. And it would sell more copies and be even more profitable if EA would at least give us a playable game out of the box each year; I'm sure their sales numbers have been hurt over time by once-dedicated fans like myself who have stopped buying the game because it's more frustration than fun every year.

But there is definitely a big enough installed fan base for NCAA to make a ton of money. If EA stopped making the game, some other company would certainly step in, get a license, and start making its own college game. There may be a year or two without any game while the new company develops its first entry, but eventually we would have another game. The sales are too strong each year for every developer to simply ignore this market. Personally, I'd be happy to wait a couple of years to get a brand new, fresh take on college football rather than continue to suffer EA's stale, broken game being the only choice every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »