Home

Pre-Snap reads?

This is a discussion on Pre-Snap reads? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pre-Snap reads?

It depends on the formation/play. Like when I run the 3-3-5, you can usually tell as if I am in Cover 1 my FS is the only one back, but in cover 2+ One of my SS's hangs back also.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I love the changes to defense this year. You have to read your keys to get a better idea of the coverage. It's not perfect but it is a lot more fun to try to figure it out. I've played QB since I was 5 playing ankle bitters and all the way through high school, competitive indoor flag, and semi pro. Now I coach and this is the first time, I can say that they coverage disguises are pretty good.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
Really? I'd love to see how you do that. My safeties don't move and show two high every time, yet I rarely run cover 2 or man.
Do the CPUs safeties show 2 high all the time? Mine don't. You can tell by how the safeties and CB are playing. They are dead giveways.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Check if it's a zone defense.
If it is, the safeties will be playing close to the middle.

Look at how loose or tight the corners are playing.
If they are keeping a cushion, you need to make the quick throw such as a WR screen, quick out, curl, stop, or slant. If they are playing tight bump-and-run, you need to look to the fly, corner, fade, or deep post, or deep out.

Recognize mismatches.
If you are lucky enough to have a standout wide receiver, there will be times when the defense gets locked into a mismatch. This is where your FORMATION SUBS feature shines.

Read during the pre-snap read as much as possible. If the safeties are equally sided by each other while the corners are tightly on there receivers, the safeties are going to be in cover two while the corners will play man. If a safety lines up on the tight end, all the defensive backs are playing man.

Source
http://www.wikihow.com/Read-the-Defe...-a-Quarterback
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Do the CPUs safeties show 2 high all the time? Mine don't. You can tell by how the safeties and CB are playing. They are dead giveways.
Oh your talking about the CPU. Yeah, they give EZ-mode dead giveaways.

I thought you were talking about human opponents that actually disguise defense like real football.

My bad.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
Rookie

Pre-Snap

1. Safety Alignment (One high, two high, how far are they from the hashes)
2. Corner Leverage (Tight vs loose, inside vs outside leverage)
3. D's response to slot WRs and trips (head up vs apexed defenders)

Post-Snap
1. Safety Rotation (MOFO [Middle Of Field Open] or MOFC [Middle of Field Covered])
2. Direction the MLB drops (towards strength or the weakside)
3. Are underneath defenders carrying WRs upfield or spot dropping?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Sometimes I feel like my defenders disguise their coverage so well they are out of position from time to time. Occasionally I go with a zero blitz out of Dime and the my opponent comes out in trips, but the safety doesn't rotate over in time before the snap.

It is usually pretty easy to tell coverages presnap against humans just because they get in patterns and you can usually pick up how their defense acts before they do certain things. Most user players just aren't good at defense in this game, they aren't interested in it and don't know how to play it so patterns are easy to pick up.

If you're having trouble picking up the defense pre-snap, learn to love unbalanced formations and motion. I've taken to running 3x1 sets often against users because most just do not honor that trips set with an extra defender. The few times they do, I'm throwing to the solo side or running opposite of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Sometimes I feel like my defenders disguise their coverage so well they are out of position from time to time. Occasionally I go with a zero blitz out of Dime and the my opponent comes out in trips, but the safety doesn't rotate over in time before the snap.

It is usually pretty easy to tell coverages presnap against humans just because they get in patterns and you can usually pick up how their defense acts before they do certain things. Most user players just aren't good at defense in this game, they aren't interested in it and don't know how to play it so patterns are easy to pick up.

If you're having trouble picking up the defense pre-snap, learn to love unbalanced formations and motion. I've taken to running 3x1 sets often against users because most just do not honor that trips set with an extra defender. The few times they do, I'm throwing to the solo side or running opposite of it.
Basically, be Boise State.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »