Home

Let's talk about the ethics of "nano-blitzing"

This is a discussion on Let's talk about the ethics of "nano-blitzing" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Let's talk about the ethics of "nano-blitzing"

This seems to be a sensitive subject for many people on here. Some say it's unrealistic or "cheesy," others think it is realistic. I'm in the category of people who nano-blitz, and believe it is realistic and the person on offense has the capability to defend & expose it. I say so because I see it often when I'm watching games on TV, both college and NFL. Every so often, someone will get through and sack the QB very quickly. If it happens on the game, people scream, "cheese!" I guess instead of making proper adjustments such as using a RB or TE to block, adjusting their O-line, or making quick reads, some people would rather have the game dumbed down for them.

When I'm on defense, if I think my opponent is going to pass, sometimes I will apply pressure to the QB and the goal is to get to him as fast as possible. This is often done with various tactics, such as overloading one side of the line, trying to open up holes in the interior for someone else to run through, using fake blitzes in one area while sending heat from somewhere else, etc. If I get to the QB fast enough for a sack, then mission accomplished. I really don't see what the issue is. This is the way football is played. I find it very strange when I am playing someone and they start complaining that I am nano-blitzing, yet they don't do anything about it other than bitching that I won't stop doing it. I guess I should just let them sit in the pocket unconstested by their way of thinking. Or maybe I should only blitz from really far out, so as where they have a fair warning that an extra pass rusher is coming. The funny thing is, if you do play it smart and you pick up the blitz effectively, then the defensive coverage is very often butt-naked and someone is open for a big gain.

One thing I'd like to hit on is the shake blitz, which is definetly a glitch. Move your LBs back and forth and the digital o-line believes the LB has teleported somewhere else and not right in front of them. Even though I've found ways to beat this, it's still pretty lame. Honestly, it's just lazy to me because there really isn't much thought or effort put into it and the LBs run right by the O-line like they aren't even there.

This is all just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Let's talk about the ethics of "nano-blitzing"

I'm ok with it as long as you are not intentionally manipulating the AI to your advantage such as stacking players or trying to time player movement at the snap with audibles.

One thing that I have run into that disgusts me is people running a 1-5-5 and constantly audibling their LB's/DL so that they are moving at the snap and not picked up by the OLine.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
I'm ok with it as long as you are not intentionally manipulating the AI to your advantage such as stacking players or trying to time player movement at the snap with audibles.

One thing that I have run into that disgusts me is people running a 1-5-5 and constantly audibling their LB's/DL so that they are moving at the snap and not picked up by the OLine.
This is a nano blitz.

I believe what your talking about it just good defense and butt hurt players
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

You mean it's cheesing to not have your players sucked into an animated block animation that you cannot escape?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Let's not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't do it but really don't have a problem with it. If we are going to call that cheese then so are comeback routes, corner routes and streaks because I can complete those all day over and over again.

I've played 90 games online so far have yet to run into someone that could run a nano blitz that would work when I hot routed my back and/or tight end in to block.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with the OP 100% and I don't even nano. Good post.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

When you do it out of the same formation every play, it is cheesy, whether it is a "nano" or not, epspecially if youre moving multiple people to the line of scrimmage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »