Home

Recruiting class size?

This is a discussion on Recruiting class size? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting class size?

I only have 6 seniors graduating this year. Is it realistic to only sign about 10 players instead of the full 25?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting class size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryMan
I only have 6 seniors graduating this year. Is it realistic to only sign about 10 players instead of the full 25?
You have 70 players on your final roster, so you will have to make cuts if you are over that, no matter if you recruit 10 or 25.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

I would sign ~15 and cut out of the other classes (especially whichever one is biggest) to balance the classes, but yes you could just sign 10. You'll not want to redshirt any of them though or you'll have the same problem in 4 years.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I sign around 25 every year and sort it out in preseason. there's always attrition in football. 'ships happen!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Rookie

If you don't have any team needs, pick 10 great players (4 or 5 star) that you normally wouldn't have a shot at or wouldn't go after, then you can spend 60 minutes per week on them. That's what I'm doing in my third season of my UTSA dynasty and it is working better than I imagined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

the game is way to easy to cut players. and its way to easy to recruit even on heisman. I wouldnt sign more than 6. in real life they dont cut players and schollys number flucuate because of when players come on campus. I know we have 15 spots less than a D1 program but we barely have injuries and no suspensions. plus its just cheap. i would only sign 6. we use a rule that we can only offer what we have open so i would only be able to offer 6 because the offer bonus is so high. keeps it sim and challenging. but if you wanna make UL Monroe a powerhouse in 3 years then cut players all you want. the more open spots you have the more recruits are interested. so you can manipulate the cpu like always to get more players to wanna come. we have used the no cut rule since 04. the recruiting this year might even be easier than back then. there are so many players that only have one team on list still in top 10 phase 6 to 8 weeks in. these guys are way to easy to sign.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Just do what all the SEC schools do and oversign.....oooooh yeah, I just went there!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
Rookie

I would say its more realistic than signing 25. Having 25 each year, just allows you to cull the roster of upperclassmen each year. So there really isn't any downside to having a "bad recruiting year", unless you miss out on a specific player that needed to start.

Signing 25 and cutting upperclassmen is kind of cheating when you think about it.

In real football teams sign 25 -30 players in a "Full recruiting class", but they also have 85 man rosters.

They also have 2-5 guys a year that are medically DQed, which doesn't happen in the game. Also in real life more players transfer out to a Div II team in their Junior and Senior year if they are not getting playing time. In my experience the only players that transfer out in the game are underclassmen.

Recruiting for 70 man rosters would be more "realistic" if everyone only had 20 or so scholarships. Having 25 is stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »