Home

What is Wrong with Coach Prestige?

This is a discussion on What is Wrong with Coach Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Promises are a big component of prestige. Are you breaking promises to recruits?

Old 07-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Re: What is Wrong with Coach Prestige?

I agree. I just won 2 National Championships and my prestige was at a C+. EA needs to fix this.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone think that it's not broken, but instead this is the way EA made it work?

It goes up in-season while you offer and keep promises. Showing how your integrity is going over with new recruits and the guys currently on your team. Then goes back down in the off-season to reflect how much experience your coach has over the long haul. I mean, your coaches are still going up in prestige every year, right? You're not falling back down to a D grade in year 4. You're starting out at a B. How realistic would it be if your coach was at an A+ prestige after 3 years with head coaching experience, even if you did win NC every season for 3 years. It still should only be a B. An A+ grade should be hard to reach and stay with. Not handed to you after 3 years as a coach. I'd say only a handful of coaches in real-life would have an A or A+ grade, and all of those guys have been around the block a time or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Your example falls pretty short. I agree with the statement as a whole, but if you won three consecutive NC's, you'd probably be regarded as the best coach at the time.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Your example falls pretty short. I agree with the statement as a whole, but if you won three consecutive NC's, you'd probably be regarded as the best coach at the time.
True, but this is a video game. A 1st time head coach isn't going to win 3 NCs in a row in real life. Actually, a 1st time HC isn't going to get the Alabama job in the first place. So the game does a fine job of showing how your integrity goes up in regards of a career as a whole, not just after 1-2 great seasons.

I'd like to see someone who has played 6-7 years in Dynasty and have them shed some light on whether or not their coach reached an A+ rating and stayed there in the off-season. If that doesn't happen, then yes, there is an issue with Coach Integrity.

Last edited by BA2929; 07-25-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freernnur5
Promises are a big component of prestige. Are you breaking promises to recruits?
No broken promises. Nothing that would affect prestige. It just drops at the beginning of the season.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
True, but this is a video game. A 1st time head coach isn't going to win 3 NCs in a row in real life. Actually, a 1st time HC isn't going to get the Alabama job in the first place. So the game does a fine job of showing how your integrity goes up in regards of a career as a whole, not just after 1-2 great seasons.

I'd like to see someone who has played 6-7 years in Dynasty and have them shed some light on whether or not their coach reached an A+ rating and stayed there in the off-season. If that doesn't happen, then yes, there is an issue with Coach Integrity.

I'm wrapping my 6th year up tomorrow. I'll give another update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Rookie

RBelly_502's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
No broken promises. Nothing that would affect prestige. It just drops at the beginning of the season.
I'm starting my 4th season with WKU...coach prestige was D or D- in year one. Can't remember the totals but I think we had a losing record year one, .500 year two, and went 11-2 with a loss in a bowl game year 3 (F+ schedule) and my coach prestige is now a B+...has gone up every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »