Home

Excessive players transferring

This is a discussion on Excessive players transferring within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Excessive players transferring

Following 2012, Michigan has 2 SOs and 8 FR that want to transfer due to playing time! This includes 6 true FR that are REDSHIRTING!!! These are all guys on the default rosters so I certainly didn't break any promises to them.

I had a FR MLB who'd be #2 on my depth chart next year (I run a 3-4) that I had to promise would play in at least 9 games next year (which was easy as he'll be a starter) and that he'd get 40+ tackles (which I hope like hell isn't solo tackles).

I had a FR FS that RSed this year. He's a 72 OVR and I return a 78 and an 84. I promised that he'd play in at least 6 games (which was a stretch) and he immediately told me he's leaving. In past games this dude would have no problem biding his time until he can start in a few years.

I had a TE that will be #1 next year. I promised him that he'd play in 9+ games and that wasn't enough. My only other option was to promise that he'd catch 20+, 30+, or 50+ passes. I promised 20+ (since I don't go to TEs much) and he's leaving me. So a blocking TE (not a receiving TE) that will start next year is transferring away because he won't catch enough balls for me.

I'm clearly gonna have to figure out what to do here. When it was all said and done, I was only able to talk 1 of those 10 guys into staying! For the rest of them, I had to make promises that I absolutely couldn't keep and they still left. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

Has anyone had luck with talking guys into staying? I read somewhere that they're extremely easy to talk into staying but as you can see, I was only able to convince 10% of my extremely high number of guys wanting to leave.

For the stats promises, I was promising the lowest ones, which I still wouldn't be able to keep. What are the penalties for breaking these promises? Should I just promise the most and not worry about breaking the promise?

Has anyone else seen this many guys trying to transfer? Have you also seen redshirters trying to leave?

Does this only happen in season 1 (when every CPU team has 2 open spots) and it's gone in seasons 2+ (when most CPU teams are full)?

Thanx!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Re: Excessive players transferring

I guess it doesn't matter what I promise them. I backed out and redid this. This time I promised all of them the most I could (IE. will play in 9+ games, get 120 tackles, 8 INTs, etc) and 8 of the 10 still left anyway.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did your former assistant coach break some sex laws and the NCAA virtua-ban your program from post season bowls for 4 years or something?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

In past games sometimes you just couldn't talk back transfers. They'd leave no matter how many times you reloaded your dynasty and tried again. However, it is nice to actually see transfers this year. In years past I'd never have them come to my school and only 1-2 would leave in any given off-season.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
In past games sometimes you just couldn't talk back transfers. They'd leave no matter how many times you reloaded your dynasty and tried again. However, it is nice to actually see transfers this year. In years past I'd never have them come to my school and only 1-2 would leave in any given off-season.
Transfers can only go if there's someplace to transfer to. If you max your roster @ 70 you can't get tranfers. The vast majority of CPU teams also max out their rosters @ 70 so there are very few teams because no one can accept them (the game uses your current roster size to determine this and not your future roster minus players leaving and plus incoming recruits).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
Rookie

noles367's Arena

OVR: 9

I actually thought transfers took up a scholarship for the next season. Whenever I accept mine I will see my available scholarships go down by how many I'm taking in offseason recruiting. I don't think having 70 players on your roster matters because I usually get a few and I always carry 70 players
Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Damn you lost Ondre Pipkins....that sucks.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles367
I actually thought transfers took up a scholarship for the next season. Whenever I accept mine I will see my available scholarships go down by how many I'm taking in offseason recruiting. I don't think having 70 players on your roster matters because I usually get a few and I always carry 70 players

This is correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »