Home

Notre Dame

This is a discussion on Notre Dame within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #49
Rookie

NDIrishJB's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Notre Dame

A lot of anti-ND banter on here... it's to be expected. The USC fan-boy makes some correct arguments that ND fans can't refute, but you're the argument a bit far.

USC has BY FAR better recruiting class than ND does... it's not even in comparison, so don't act like they're bringing in the same type of athletes. USC has become a football factory, breaking rules along the way to get to that point, and hiring one of the biggest douche-bags in college football, Lane Kiffin. I respect their football program, but they've sold out their integrity to win games at all cost. That's not to only indict them, as most of the SEC does so as well. When football players don't take real classes, and boosters pay 4-5 figures for recruits, they're not students = football factory.

I'm a life-long Notre Dame fan, but I don't pretend to believe they're something they're not. They are a mediocre football program since the end of the Holtz era, with about 4 teams in that time that were "pretty good". They are still relevant because fan-boys come out in droves to put them down, they having incredibly deep pockets, and can still sell tradition, education (the 40 year plan), high competition, and national exposure, so they'll always be able to get decent recruiting classes.

As to this year, they will get beat solidly by USC and Oklahoma. That's a given. MSU and Mich will be a toss up, but they never can beat both, so it's highly likely they'll lose 1, maybe even both if they don't start the season right. Stanford's not beating ND this year... sorry. They've lost a ton and come into ND with too many question marks. Miami has loads of issues including NCAA sanctions that will be coming down soon on them... that's not even a game most in the know think could be a toss up for ND. BYU could very well be a loss... Pitt, Purdue, & BC are horrible with fledgling coaches, Wake could be tricky, but the game is at home. Navy is the worst they've been in a decade. They're back to they're old selves and won't put up much of a fight in Dublin.

ND will go 8-4 to 7-5 this year... both 9-3 and 6-6 are a reach. In order to go 6-6, they'd have to have some injuries and fully implode like last year in several games. 9-3 won't happen unless Golson comes in and takes charge.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #50
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrishJB
A lot of anti-ND banter on here... it's to be expected. The USC fan-boy makes some correct arguments that ND fans can't refute, but you're the argument a bit far.

USC has BY FAR better recruiting class than ND does... it's not even in comparison, so don't act like they're bringing in the same type of athletes. USC has become a football factory, breaking rules along the way to get to that point, and hiring one of the biggest douche-bags in college football, Lane Kiffin. I respect their football program, but they've sold out their integrity to win games at all cost. That's not to only indict them, as most of the SEC does so as well. When football players don't take real classes, and boosters pay 4-5 figures for recruits, they're not students = football factory.

I'm a life-long Notre Dame fan, but I don't pretend to believe they're something they're not. They are a mediocre football program since the end of the Holtz era, with about 4 teams in that time that were "pretty good". They are still relevant because fan-boys come out in droves to put them down, they having incredibly deep pockets, and can still sell tradition, education (the 40 year plan), high competition, and national exposure, so they'll always be able to get decent recruiting classes.

As to this year, they will get beat solidly by USC and Oklahoma. That's a given. MSU and Mich will be a toss up, but they never can beat both, so it's highly likely they'll lose 1, maybe even both if they don't start the season right. Stanford's not beating ND this year... sorry. They've lost a ton and come into ND with too many question marks. Miami has loads of issues including NCAA sanctions that will be coming down soon on them... that's not even a game most in the know think could be a toss up for ND. BYU could very well be a loss... Pitt, Purdue, & BC are horrible with fledgling coaches, Wake could be tricky, but the game is at home. Navy is the worst they've been in a decade. They're back to they're old selves and won't put up much of a fight in Dublin.

ND will go 8-4 to 7-5 this year... both 9-3 and 6-6 are a reach. In order to go 6-6, they'd have to have some injuries and fully implode like last year in several games. 9-3 won't happen unless Golson comes in and takes charge.
Other than the Domer take on USC, this is a fair assessment of ND and their schedule. Again, ND could beat both michigan teams, and then crap the bed against purdue and some other team they should beat. I see ND losing 4 or 5 this year
Old 07-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
And who was USC missing from that game? Not to mention it was the worst USC team in a decade, and it still took Ronald Johnson dropping a wide open TD pass in the final minute for ND to win.

The game last year was never in doubt and it was clear who the better team was.
Lol 2010 you guys only scored points when Rees gift-wrapped turnovers and gave you the ball in the red zone. That game shouldn't have been close. You guys were missing Barkley. You had a senior backup at QB. ND had a freshman backup at QB along with a RS FR backup at RB, a backup TE and a backup slot WR.

USC was the better team last year. Glad you are such an optimist, however, that the game was never in doubt the whole time. Pretty impressive considering ND was down 7 with the ball on USC's 1 yard line late in the 3rd quarter.

And there is NO TEAM in college football who plays a tougher schedule this year. There is no tougher 5 games than at OKLA, at USC, at Mich St, vs. Mich, and vs. Stanford. LOL 3 of those teams were in BCS games last year.....and the two that weren't are USC and Oklahoma who will be pre-season top 5 this year.

I would love for anyone to find me a tougher schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just for the record, Michigan State wasn't in a BCS bowl game last year. Beat UGA in the Capital One Bowl I believe.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelo13
Just for the record, Michigan State wasn't in a BCS bowl game last year. Beat UGA in the Capital One Bowl I believe.
lol you're right. i feel stupid now.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #54
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirish6776
Lol 2010 you guys only scored points when Rees gift-wrapped turnovers and gave you the ball in the red zone. That game shouldn't have been close. You guys were missing Barkley. You had a senior backup at QB. ND had a freshman backup at QB along with a RS FR backup at RB, a backup TE and a backup slot WR.

USC was the better team last year. Glad you are such an optimist, however, that the game was never in doubt the whole time. Pretty impressive considering ND was down 7 with the ball on USC's 1 yard line late in the 3rd quarter.

And there is NO TEAM in college football who plays a tougher schedule this year. There is no tougher 5 games than at OKLA, at USC, at Mich St, vs. Mich, and vs. Stanford. LOL 3 of those teams were in BCS games last year.....and the two that weren't are USC and Oklahoma who will be pre-season top 5 this year.

I would love for anyone to find me a tougher schedule.
A tougher schedule? Pretty much anyone in the SEC. Or even the Big 12.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #55
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

its amazing the lengths some ND haters will go to. Your saying not one player from ND's roster would have started for the Trojans. Im going to name some, you can disagree or agree and look like a complete fool either way

Mike Floyd (1st RD)
Harrison Smith (1st RD)
Tyler Eifert (2012 1st RD)
Manti Te'o (2012 1st RD)
Braxton Cave (2012 4-5th RD)
Cierre Wood (2013 3rd-5th RD)
Robert Blanton (7th RD)
Zach Martin (2013 1-3rd RD)
Aaron Lynch (2013/4 draftee, early rounds)
Louis Nix (2013 draftee)
Stephon Tuitt (2013/4 draftee)
Kapron Lewis Moore (2012 draftee)
Jonas Gray (signed by Dolphins-season cut short by torn ACL)
Jamoris Slaughter (2012 draftee)
George Atkinson III (2011 Frosh AA kick returner)
Ishaq Williams

if you think NONE of these guys would have started for the Trojans, you are a delusional fool. Im not saying all would start, but i would be willing to say 60% would have. Saying Notre Dame doesn't have the talent to compete with the best is comical. ND has played the Trojans closely 3 straight years, beating them once without half their team (yeah Barkley wasn't there, but ND started a true frosh on the road and turned the ball over 4 times on their side of the 40). ND has the horses to compete with almost anyone in the country, but lacks the mental toughness to bounce back from horrible breaks or killer instinct to finish teams like Michigan and Florida State. This comes from stability, which is in South Bend now. I am far from delusional, if i was, i would be expecting an undefeated NC team for every season. They will go 8-4 this year most likely, could be worse, might be better. You are so blind in your hate it is kinda sad.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #56
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
A tougher schedule? Pretty much anyone in the SEC. Or even the Big 12.
really? is this a joke or do people believe it? Half of the SEC is complete garbage, and a majority of the Big 12 is nothing special. Playing 11 bowl teams is something no other team in the country does, considering 5 will be ranked in the top 20 this year, thats a dman tough schedule. Going to Ireland then playing 4 straight rivalry games isnt tough? especially when 2 of them are night games against top 15 teams? gtho. I give Oregon credit for their schedule, playing USC, Stanford, Washington and LSU last year is pretty good. Notre Dame is part of a group of 3, including the Trojans that have never played a FCS team. Their weakest team is Boston College on their schedule. Many consider Navy a terrible team, but will forget they had a lead on South Carolina for most of the game, but ND stomped them, so they wont mention that. How about top 15 MSU, who ND slammed at home, which UGA, a top 10 team in a bowl game? no credit. This whole weak schedule BS is ridiculous.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...edules-of-2012

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »