Home

Does the CPU automatically scout for you?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU automatically scout for you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Does the CPU automatically scout for you?

I have all recruiting assistance off, but when I advance from week to week, without me using any of my scouting time, I am still seeing recruiting "scouting percentages" increase each week.

Am I missing something here? If I don't want to do any scouting and prefer to leave their rating as a mystery, is there an option to turn this off?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-27-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does the CPU automatically scout for you?

What's the logic behind wanting the stats to be a mystery?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

I've just been doing some experimenting. I've alluded to it before on here but personally, I'd rather not know a player's overall rating with 100% certainty prior to him being signed. I don't mind having an idea on what to expect, but it seems a little "fake" knowing everything concrete.

Coaches in real life scout a ton, but no one can tell you EXACTLY how a player is going to translate on the field from college to pro. Unfortunatley in a video game, all we have are ratings to use, and there is no deviating from those solid numbers.

I think a better way for real life scouting to be simulated would be for 100% scouted to equal knowing a range of within 5 to 8 points of a player's overall, not the exact number, and that's what I am trying to figure out - what is the best way for me to accomplish this.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Pro

So, you're ok with recruiting a kid at the rating of 75 only for him to be rated 65 come next season? All for mystery?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
So, you're ok with recruiting a kid at the rating of 75 only for him to be rated 65 come next season? All for mystery?
No...For realism.

A player does not become labeled a "bust" or a "gem" during scouting season. That label doesn't get applied to a player in real life until he hits the field.

I prefer the ambiguity of the previous versions of the game. I don't like the transparency and like surprises and disappointments.

If I already know a guy's rating, signing a bust is virtually eliminated as a possibility. How is that realistic when in real life, EVERY team signs busts EVERY year?

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-27-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

My suggestion to you, assuming the game automatically uses up your scouting time, is to add 3 1-star guys you have no interest in to your board each week and scout them for 1 hour each. You can drop them afterwards. Should take no more than a couple of minutes and since you will have used up all your scouting time your actual targets will not get scouted.

I might actually start doind that myself.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
My suggestion to you, assuming the game automatically uses up your scouting time, is to add 3 1-star guys you have no interest in to your board each week and scout them for 1 hour each. You can drop them afterwards. Should take no more than a couple of minutes and since you will have used up all your scouting time your actual targets will not get scouted.

That's a pretty good idea. I'll have to lab it tonight and see what it does and how it effects things. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd

What about preseason? are you going to do that to 20 guys? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »