Home

Ahhh, That moment you fill all your team needs

This is a discussion on Ahhh, That moment you fill all your team needs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ahhh, That moment you fill all your team needs

I actually went into one season, with zero "official" needs at any position. My own personal requirements at any position is always one or two players more than the listed totals though.

Once I get the numbers that I need, then I'm always looking for under the radar defensive players who fit my system. I feel like I can always generate offense with average to good offensive players, but I want stars on defense since I have exponentially less control on that side of the ball.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Look to your junior class and see if there are any positions where you will be losing a ton of players the following year. RS some of the guys and they will have a year under their belt plus 4 years left when those juniors leave following their senior year.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
Rookie

At first i'm looking for anyone decent i can steal - but once that time has passed (and I can't believe nobody listed this):

See what key states i can add as pipes for next year. What state to add varies greatly by my status, current pipes, location, etc...but one more pipe in a hot recruiting state is usually a worthwhile use of my time after the top players are gone and my roster holes are filled.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

typically my goal is to target every position each season to build depth and avoid being too young at a position at any time

with 25 schollies I immediately make my target list as follows
1 QB
1 HB
1 FB
2 WR
1 TE
2 T
2 G
1 C
2 DE
2 DT
2 OLB
2 MLB
2 CB
1 FS
1 SS
if needed a K/P
then I typically fill in the rest with the best athletes I think I can bring in. This helps me to keep a balanced roster from year to year and ideally lets me bring guys along slowly once I get my foundation set. Also, if I miss my total by a couple, I should be pretty solid from the past seasons recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »