Home

The BCS Ranking and polls just as broken in the game as they are in real life?

This is a discussion on The BCS Ranking and polls just as broken in the game as they are in real life? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2
The BCS Ranking and polls just as broken in the game as they are in real life?

So I just reached the Bowl Season in my first offline Dynasty and can't help but feel that my 12-1 LSU Tiger got the short end of the stick in the Bowl games. While I can't account for the Schedule strength of the top two teams I can say that they are both a 3 star and 2 star rated team respectively. I wont say I know how good N.C. State is or Toledo really are, but to be number three when compared to the latter if those two, feels like it should never happen. With the conferance strength of the ACC I could see N.C. State making to the National Championship, but the MAC is not a top conferance, and atleast in the 2012-13 season, should not be ranked number 2 and above a powerhouse team from the SEC like LSU. So is there anyone else who has had something simalure happen to them, and how do you feel about it? I know I'm pretty mad about it, and like I said feel like I've been given the short end of the stick after winnng the SEC Champianship and looking forward to taking the 2012-13 National Title, now I have to settle for a Sugar Bowl against #9 ranked Oregon Ducks.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: The BCS Ranking and polls just as broken in the game as they are in real life?

BCS title game in real life isn't broken. The two best teams go to the title game every year. IMO, even as an Alabama fan, I would have accepted OSU going. The enjoyment it would have been would to see LSU mop the floor with the OSU team and their high school defense. Never the less Alabama went and played LSU and they were the best two teams last year.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

Re: The BCS Ranking and polls just as broken in the game as they are in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
BCS title game in real life isn't broken. The two best teams go to the title game every year. IMO, even as an Alabama fan, I would have accepted OSU going. The enjoyment it would have been would to see LSU mop the floor with the OSU team and their high school defense. Never the less Alabama went and played LSU and they were the best two teams last year.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you, Bama had no reason to be in the BSC Champianship, LSU had beaten them and there was no need for an SEC champianship game for the National Title. It should have been LSU vs. OSU, because OSU would have earned it. IMO the Tigers should have put in Lee and then they would have won.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

Jarret Lee? Jordan Jefferson couldn't play against the defense. Leewould've been stomped by Alabama's defense. That's why les miles didn't put Lee in the game. Now as an Alabama fan we all had accepted being in the sugar bowl and OSU go to the championship. We were all shocked when Alabama got into the championship.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

ether way I'm not her to argue or debt who should have played/won the BCS Champianship game last your, but simply wondering if something similure to my first post has happened to anyone else. Whether the System is broken, IMO it is, or not. A team who don't have a strong schedule got ranked higher then a team that has to play through the gauntlet that is the SEC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you, Bama had no reason to be in the BSC Champianship, LSU had beaten them and there was no need for an SEC champianship game for the National Title. It should have been LSU vs. OSU, because OSU would have earned it. IMO the Tigers should have put in Lee and then they would have won.
Bama had every right to play for the BCS title game. Close loss to the only undefeated and turned around to thrash them for the title. What more would you want? The best 2 teams played
Old 07-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Please don't say Bama didn't deserve to be in there. I'm a student at LSU and everyone knows that Bama and us were the two best teams in the country. We would've crushed osu, but we got mopped against Bama. Oh well, they played better and were coached better. We'll get em next year
Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
how many yards did LSU have in the title game again ? and alabama didn't deserve to go…? hmmmm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »