Home

True Difference Between RBs

This is a discussion on True Difference Between RBs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
True Difference Between RBs

Do people see on honest difference between running with a scat back type and a power back? I have scat backs running over LB's like a power RB could only do and i see Power rbs get theyre momentum pushed all the way back by 5'9 170 CB's. Is it only me or does anyone not feel the difference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: True Difference Between RBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy3399
Do people see on honest difference between running with a scat back type and a power back? I have scat backs running over LB's like a power RB could only do and i see Power rbs get theyre momentum pushed all the way back by 5'9 170 CB's. Is it only me or does anyone not feel the difference?
to me, it don't matter what kind of running back u have, those dbs tackle them easy. if u don't like it, reduce the tackling slider by 10 at the least
Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
99% of tackles are vicious hits sticks no matter who has the ball. It's one of the dumbest parts of the game. There aren't as many big hits in a week of college football, let alone one game.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

^this, I had a recent thread about power running, there is a slight difference, I noticed that power backs usually get the fall forward animations more than other players.

Also the cpu uses the hit stick/big hit tackle almost every play, I think this leads insane amount of injuries that I see, I had both starter and backup rb's and qb's go down within a half.

As it stands now, your better off getting a fast scat back because they will get you way more yards because of their speed. The problem with this is only the elite backs have great speed and acceleration so trying to recruit one with a lesser school is really challenging. You will see a lot of A spd and C/D acc.

Until ea puts a real physics engine or at least program the game to distinguish between weight, te's, rb's, and other big players will have no real advantage.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Banned

I have CPU tackling at 0, which allows me to break 1-2 tackles a game, total.

The tackling is pure crap in this game. The logic of it is just bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

VincentB's Arena

OVR: 3

I have yet to notice the benefits of using a bruising, power back. The inability to break arm tackles, and run through smaller db's who fail to properly engage the ball carrier is inexcusable. I don't expect a power back to be able to break 10+ tackles a game, but his sheer size and momentum alone should hold some merit.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

This is one of my biggest problems with the game. Size, weight, strength or agility doesnt matter. The juke/spin moves are too slow to pull off.

Pretty much all of the backs in the game are the same, You have the fast ones and the slow ones. Thats the only thing that separates RB's in the game.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 07-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentB
I have yet to notice the benefits of using a bruising, power back. The inability to break arm tackles, and run through smaller db's who fail to properly engage the ball carrier is inexcusable. I don't expect a power back to be able to break 10+ tackles a game, but his sheer size and momentum alone should hold some merit.
I don't have any clue how to break tackles. I have a 93 rated RB, with 94 sp, 94 acc, & 96 bk tk & I barely break 10 tackles a season. Whereas the cpu breaks 10 tackles a game. I play on Heisman by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »