Home

Playing of Varsity seems to fix a lot of gameplay issues.

This is a discussion on Playing of Varsity seems to fix a lot of gameplay issues. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Playing of Varsity seems to fix a lot of gameplay issues.

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard, sliders set to 0...lol

But I'm going to give this a try. What difficulty level do you play on?
Old 07-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
If you want to just put your sliders in our thread you can. I never told you you cannot post them. I honestly don't know what to do with this game anymore. I haven't really tested the varsity set lately, so if you just changed a couple numbers from the base, it's fine to post that as the varsity set on the main page of the thread.
Thanks Authentic, the reason I didn't want to post them in your thread was I didn't want to confuse all the peeps...lol

IIRC,it's more than a couple of changes...lol. Like I was outlining earlier,I feel I've (hopefully) gotten it to where the cpu will now run,as Toledo's RB did put up over a 100yds on me,now granted it was due to a 72 yard TD run,but still.

Before that,I would hold the cpu under 72yds the whole game. I'm also not sure how they would work for other folks,because I don't go up to the line and do 400 hot routes,the only thing I MIGHT do is swap directions of the play,but that is also rare.

I also play using a "pro style" offense,so alot of "dinking and dunking" .
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
That's the craziest thing I've ever heard, sliders set to 0...lol

But I'm going to give this a try. What difficulty level do you play on?
Varsity but i do coach mode. penalty sliders you need to set tho.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Please either post, take a pic with your phone, or pm me. I'd love to try these
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoguloth22
if you want the game to play with the player ratings then you need to not use sliders. i am on my 4th season and i play in coach mode and have seen some very good games. the fact is when ever you youse sliders it takes away from what the players atributes are. here is a example. all sliders do is make the players play a % better. let me try to explain.
for every click wich is worth 5 points there % goes up by 5%.
my sliders are set to 0 wich makes it 0%. in other words your playing with the players ratings when sliders are set to 0 becouse your not bumping up what the players can do. also i use 0 threshhold is what i think its called. i never seen a DL catch any of my WR's from behind like you do with sliders on. so i believe to get a true game you need to set all sliders to 0. player ratings and sliders don't work well together. i do this in mlb the show also 0 to all sliders and my games play out like a real baseball game.
I do the same thing in nba 2k never tried in ncaa though..i dont play coach mode so idk if it would work for actually controlling players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

i played my first season in non coach mode with 0 sliders and game played well.
tho i have to admit im not very good. thats why i play coach mode
but the scores depending who i played seemed to be good a few blow outs but mostley close games. i play 8 min Q's.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoguloth22
if you want the game to play with the player ratings then you need to not use sliders. i am on my 4th season and i play in coach mode and have seen some very good games. the fact is when ever you youse sliders it takes away from what the players atributes are. here is a example. all sliders do is make the players play a % better. let me try to explain.
for every click wich is worth 5 points there % goes up by 5%.
my sliders are set to 0 wich makes it 0%. in other words your playing with the players ratings when sliders are set to 0 becouse your not bumping up what the players can do. also i use 0 threshhold is what i think its called. i never seen a DL catch any of my WR's from behind like you do with sliders on. so i believe to get a true game you need to set all sliders to 0. player ratings and sliders don't work well together. i do this in mlb the show also 0 to all sliders and my games play out like a real baseball game.
My problem with 0 sliders is that the players will also play incredibly stupid. Blockers will no block people and run backwards, defenders will freeze against the option, and defensive tackles go back to being Reggie White clones.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

I have experimented with 0 slider settings, playing Coach Mode. Kickers are horrible at 0 slider settings, so Punts, Kickoffs, and FGs do not work with kicking sliders set to 0 in either Heisman or AA - perhaps kickers are different in Varsity. Otherwise, I tend to agree about low slider settings.

Last edited by Art01; 07-29-2012 at 07:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »