Home

Conference Schedule glitch?

This is a discussion on Conference Schedule glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Conference Schedule glitch?

I did a search and didn't see this posted, if it has been discussed please close and point me in the right direction. BTW this is for ncaa12 I know Its been out for a while but I just got it so bear with me please

I am in year two of my dynasty and I know that using the custom conferences can mess up scheduling a bit. I put Mizzou and TAMU in the SEC, and TCU and WVU in the Big 12. I'm playing as Oregon and I'm wanting to play at USC in the 2012 season but when I look at the schedule it doesn't have me playing USC at all. Also it has me playing AT Colorado AGAIN, AT Washington AGAIN, and Cal AT home AGAIN.

So then I messed with the protected rivalries in the pac 12 and forced Oregon vs USC and it did correct it, was going to play AT USC this time. But now another problem comes up in the schedule menu...The first 3 non-conference games I have are all at Oregon but when I go into the season and start the first game I'm AT the other school's field! Does this mean that all the games on my schedule are wrong? The games at home are now away?? I'm so confused..

If you have any tips or suggestions I'd really appreciate it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Conference Schedule glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepjk
I did a search and didn't see this posted, if it has been discussed please close and point me in the right direction. BTW this is for ncaa12 I know Its been out for a while but I just got it so bear with me please

I am in year two of my dynasty and I know that using the custom conferences can mess up scheduling a bit. I put Mizzou and TAMU in the SEC, and TCU and WVU in the Big 12. I'm playing as Oregon and I'm wanting to play at USC in the 2012 season but when I look at the schedule it doesn't have me playing USC at all. Also it has me playing AT Colorado AGAIN, AT Washington AGAIN, and Cal AT home AGAIN.

So then I messed with the protected rivalries in the pac 12 and forced Oregon vs USC and it did correct it, was going to play AT USC this time. But now another problem comes up in the schedule menu...The first 3 non-conference games I have are all at Oregon but when I go into the season and start the first game I'm AT the other school's field! Does this mean that all the games on my schedule are wrong? The games at home are now away?? I'm so confused..

If you have any tips or suggestions I'd really appreciate it
That is a scheduling bug that plagued '12, the PAC-12 (and occasionally the Mountain West) schedules would not swap home/away every year like it should.

When you're in Pre-season and go to "Custom Schedules," after you set your schedule and accept it DON'T go to season first. Go back into your custom schedule, you may find that it shows non-conf games as switching "home" and "away." Change the games back (the logos at the top should be facing the correct way) and advance again. This should finalize the schedule. If go back in to triple check, it will be correct.

Word of advice: don't hit "Random Schedule"; it really causes your home/away to be messed up, not to mention you get a greater instance of other teams only playing 11 games.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey thanks this did fix my problem. Still playing at Washington again this season but oh well.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

So, is this just a one-year glitch, then, that can be fixed in future seasons by applying that work-around? I've recently encountered it in my GSU dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »