Home

American Samoa

This is a discussion on American Samoa within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20
American Samoa

I remember a 60 minutes bit talking about how Samoans come over to the states to play football and it seems to be on the rise.

It made me wonder what it's like to recruit these guys.
So I ask the Football Nation
Would you like American Samoa to be a territory for recruiting on the game?
It would likely already be a pipeline for Hawaii and would probably have about the same number of prospects as Alaska but I think it would be a great and interesting challenge to try and add this pipeline that is known for their big lineman genetics.
Oh and the hair don't forget the hair
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: American Samoa

Indifferent,kinda cool, but nothing I'd demand.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I would love to see this. Maybe I just noticed it more because I live in Arizona, when Dick Tomey coached Arizona, they had a very strong Polynesian presence on the team, I said 10 years ago NCAA should have this.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
On the road again

Blue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I would love to see this. Maybe I just noticed it more because I live in Arizona, when Dick Tomey coached Arizona, they had a very strong Polynesian presence on the team, I said 10 years ago NCAA should have this.
Yeah I know what you mean, I bet more prospects from American Samoa are playing college football than prospects from Alaska. It didn't even hit me until I was hired as the HC for Hawaii in my Dynasty and saw all the last names. There is a growing presence in college and pro especially in the pacific schools
Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

You already can...Its called Utah (high morman population, which had missions in the American Samoa's).

I am not too sure how many native Samoans actually get recruited for college ball. I believe its more of a, the family moves to the continental states and they get recruited out of a high school here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
On the road again

Blue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDiiddy
You already can...Its called Utah (high morman population, which had missions in the American Samoa's).

I am not too sure how many native Samoans actually get recruited for college ball. I believe its more of a, the family moves to the continental states and they get recruited out of a high school here.
That's true many have come from Cali but there are still a good amount that came straight from the island to college
Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueDude
That's true many have come from Cali but there are still a good amount that came straight from the island to college
It is true, but more rare if anything in comparison to the amount that come from the states. Most Polynesian prospects come from the west coast, utah, and texas has a strong Tongan presence (IIRC). It would be cool to see Samoa in the game, but I'm not demanding it either. I just usually re-name a good portion of the Utah prospects, and other states that produce a good portion of Polynesian prospects.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueDude
I'm also disappointed they haven't added a Samoan skin tone. It's either, super white, mostly black, or ultra black. No islander tan like Samoans really are. But yeah I think having those in the game would be pretty much awesome. There is a lot of big ol' linemen coming outta there these days. Just ask the Utes or BYU. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »