Home

Play calling

This is a discussion on Play calling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Play calling

I like to use Iform normal - Power-O for about 4-5 plays in a row to test each side of the defense. Every 3rd play I'll sub in my 2nd string back to change it up. After 3-4 of these you will usually see how their defense commits. If they cheat up, hit em with play action. If not, just keep running down their throats until they cheat up.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

On defense, I am in Man 2-deep coverage about 90% of the time, with a variety of blitzes and short zones hot routed depending on how the offense comes out or the down and distance. I tend to play with extra DBs, and am almost always in Nickel, Dollar, or Quarter. I prefer a bend-but-don't-break philosophy that keeps people from long scoring plays; I've found that lots of players struggle in the red zone.[/quote]

I'm pretty much he same for online play. When they do get into the red zone though I change my defense up and throw some different blitzes and zone blitzes at them. I've held a lot of guys online who ran money plays to 0, 7 or 14 points because I make them work it all the way down the field without a mistake and then the end zone cuts off a certain amount of their money plays so they become much easier to stop.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
Rookie

Buckeye_Mafia's Arena

OVR: 1

I run custom playbooks for both offense and defense. I run hybrid playbooks for both offense and defense. I generally run plays based on formation, but sometimes I will pick plays by play type as opposed to formation. I also run customized formation subs on both offense and defense to get all my best players on the field. I never use "Ask Coach". I guess after reading this thread its not a bad idea when struggling to move the ball on offense or stop the opposing offense from moving down the field. I always thought the "Ask Coach" was more random than series specific.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »