Home

Does recruiting ATH work out well?

This is a discussion on Does recruiting ATH work out well? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #17
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Does recruiting ATH work out well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Yeah, athletes have been the recruits for me so far
I just a nabbed a 6' 4" 248 3 star ath. 72 ovr.
He has 83 spd, 90 acc, 85 tack, 88 thp, 86 tha.
Overalls:
qb:79
te:77
olb:78
mlb:77

He is playing qb for me, I redshirted him, so he will be 83-85 redshirt freshmen next year
Unless he transfers...
Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

hopefully he won't, i didnt promise him anything, why would he, he will be starting next year, why go somewhere else and have to sit out a year
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Once you fill your teams listed needs, go recruit 5-6 of these guys. Very versatile, plus it's like Christmas when you get to pick their positions
QFT. One year I only needed two players so I recruited 8 ATH players to make 10 recruits total. I did this so I could give them an hour each week and nab them all easily.

My plan worked.

When it came time to change positions it really was like Christmas as War34Eagle said. Those 8 ATH recruits almost became the core of my team for the next 3 years because they all came in around 70-73.

EA almost made ATHs overpowered now to be honest. With how recruiting is now and how ATHs can truly play at least two positions there is no downside bringing them in once you know their stats. I'm not complaining though.

Also, I find that if you like scrambling QBs it's better to recruit an ATH for that position instead of a regular scrambling QB. They're just more well rounded in my experience. Could just be me however, so take that how you want I suppose.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got an ATH that was 6'6" 242 lbs started as a 60 OVR was a 78 WR 75 FS, so I'm playing him at both
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by choodock
One of my 80 overall QBs will be moved to RB or WR after this season depending which one wins the QB job. The one I am initially thinking will move is currently an 80 QB, 80 RB, and 78 WR. Would moving him after the season drop his awareness with a move to RB that would drop his overall to below 80? I am currently at the position changes stage of my first season now and may experiment with moving this player around between QB, RB, and WR each year to see the effect.
I recruited an ATH the would be an 80 QB/WR/HB. I don't need him at QB this year, but I do the next three years. What I did was make him a QB since that's his long term position and made him my back up QB and 4th WR.

I still get to use him and he "learns" his long term position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I had 3-3* ones my first season of a TB only conference so I couldnt get a lot of high rated players.

One had a rating of 69 and ended with a 70 HB, CB, SS...69 WR...72 FS
One had a rating of 69 and ended with a 70 C...69 RE, LE...68 LT, LG, RT, RG, DT
One had a rating of 66 and ended with a 76 HB...73 SS...72 FS...71 FB, TE...69 WR

All had some significant increases from their given rating...and liek others have said a lot of different options to put them at.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 08-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #23
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

I remember pre-release it seemed you could play an ATH at multiple positions without receiving much of an AWR penalty. I now am recruiting my first ATH and it appears he could be good at RB/WR/CB/S. My team is in a position where he could be an instant impact on both sides of the ball. So, I guess my question is if the AWR thing is true? Do you leave them as an ATH? Or really how does it work this year?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #24
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, i've had some guys where I had to decide did I want him to be a future stud as a CB or QB,etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »