Home

What the HECK happened!!!!!!

This is a discussion on What the HECK happened!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What the HECK happened!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
this is true

"According to NCAA rules, when a team tries a field goal, no player on the defense can run into or rough the holder or kicker during the play. Exceptions to this rule occur if you block the kick. If you touch or alter the kick, it is OK to make contact with the holder and kicker. However, if you do not make contact with the ball, you will get a penalty for touching the kicker or holder."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/40...lege-football/
See my above post where I actually copy and paste the exact rule. The key word is "displaced."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
See my above post where I actually copy and paste the exact rule. The key word is "displaced."
first, it is very unlikely that the holder would not be displaced when touched, just because EA screws up and doesn't put that in the game doesn't mean they're not wrong since the virtual player was not displaced. It is like when you hit the returner early, the player doesn't go to the ground in the game, its like you hit a wall, however EA atleast added the penalty for that. Secondly, you're still forgetting the point I made earlier. With how the guy was off-sides he had a clear path to the holder/kick so the play would been called dead and so the play would've never happened, which EA got wrong in this situation.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
In your haste to criticize EA I think you forgot to read the explanations that have been provided.
In my haste to criticize EA... LMFAO... seriously, dude? As was explained above, if someone tried to do this in real life the play would be blown dead before the ball was ever snapped.

Yeah... my haste to criticize a company that doesn't under the basic rules of football or can't code their own game correctly in what is now - what??? - the 7th year of this gen of games... a company that releases a game this year that STILL has many problems that have been present for years... yeah... how could I be so vile to criticize them? {SMH}

Old 08-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

lets not act like EA does a magnificent job when it comes to penalties and all that mess. I mean they did keep illegal touching out of the game for how many years?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
In my haste to criticize EA... LMFAO... seriously, dude? As was explained above, if someone tried to do this in real life the play would be blown dead before the ball was ever snapped.

Yeah... my haste to criticize a company that doesn't under the basic rules of football or can't code their own game correctly in what is now - what??? - the 7th year of this gen of games... a company that releases a game this year that STILL has many problems that have been present for years... yeah... how could I be so vile to criticize them? {SMH}
The fact that it would be blown dead in real life is irrelevant even though I completely agree with you that it would be. That isn't something that can be programmed into a game and if you say it is you are fooling yourself.

I think you are mistaking me for an EA apologist. I did not get NCAA and will probably not be getting Madden.

This has nothing to do with the previous issues in the game though and it is ridiculous to try and make this point about them. If you don't like the game or the series, just say so, but to use the point in question here as an argument against the series then you really need to reevaluate what you want out of a video game.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #30
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
first, it is very unlikely that the holder would not be displaced when touched, just because EA screws up and doesn't put that in the game doesn't mean they're not wrong since the virtual player was not displaced. It is like when you hit the returner early, the player doesn't go to the ground in the game, its like you hit a wall, however EA atleast added the penalty for that. Secondly, you're still forgetting the point I made earlier. With how the guy was off-sides he had a clear path to the holder/kick so the play would been called dead and so the play would've never happened, which EA got wrong in this situation.
Did you see the play? Obviously, you never have because you would realize the holder was not displaced. It's not my fault you can't read a rule and realize that is verbatim. The holder must be displaced. He was not. End of story.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #31
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm getting off topic, but I feel this needs to be said again.

I don't understand how people can buy a game, knowing full well that they probably won't enjoy how the game plays,YET purchase it anyway for $60. Then they come and complain constantly about how said game is buggy, glitchy, and not up to their standards. Hello! Earth to you complainers out there. If you don't like the game then why are you purchasing it?!?!?! Year after year! SMH

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini4life
I'm getting off topic, but I feel this needs to be said again.

I don't understand how people can buy a game, knowing full well that they probably won't enjoy how the game plays,YET purchase it anyway for $60. Then they come and complain constantly about how said game is buggy, glitchy, and not up to their standards. Hello! Earth to you complainers out there. If you don't like the game then why are you purchasing it?!?!?! Year after year! SMH
Then they wouldn't be able to take advantage of what they believe is their God given right to complain at every opportunity on our forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »