Home

Shotgun Option; Maryland I

This is a discussion on Shotgun Option; Maryland I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Shotgun Option; Maryland I

Ok well I'm am learning that the plays like Power Option and Speed option out of the Shotgun are working really well. If you run it once in a while you could get 6 yards. You have to time the pitch though, sometimes it fails.

Now, I am running the Maryland I formation. It is frickin awesome. Like seriously, you are guaranteed to move the ball down the field, if you just use this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shotgun Option; Maryland I

I find that read options are very effective as well as option passes. And PA Flea Flickers and HB and WR passes are also effective. All of this used in moderation of course. Because you can generally only get a HB/WR pass to work once a game. Same goes for Flea Flickers. But read options, I have a lot of success with.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Shotgun Option; Maryland I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Ok well I'm am learning that the plays like Power Option and Speed option out of the Shotgun are working really well. If you run it once in a while you could get 6 yards. You have to time the pitch though, sometimes it fails.

Now, I am running the Maryland I formation. It is frickin awesome. Like seriously, you are guaranteed to move the ball down the field, if you just use this.

that pretty much makes it bogus to use all the time..heavy run sets are more effective then they should be.

and I really cant tell if the tuner helped LBs with/against the option?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »