Home

Can commish see if users restart like in 2012?

This is a discussion on Can commish see if users restart like in 2012? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can commish see if users restart like in 2012?

All good points.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

so is there any way to tell if anyone restarted after the week has been advanced? Someone else is the commish and advanced the week after everyone had played their games. I didn't look at the Dynasty Central tab, and I was just curious if anyone restarted.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Restarts are generally BS against the CPU, but there are always exceptions. I lost connection to the EA servers and the internet in general in the first quarter and thought, "I hate Time Warner Cable, but I can just connect and upload later." I was down at half by 3 TDs to Tennessee, but came back to win by 3 because of the momentum I got on D from two pick sixes. I left it on overnight and tried to upload in the morning, but was unable to because I was prompted to download the new version of the game; the tuning update had been released overnight. It did not show up as a restart, somehow. I really didn't want to play that one over again because of some nice highlights.

In our dynasty we've also had a guy who had his game continuously freeze with 3:29 left in the third. It was somehow connected to custom stadium sounds. He had to delete all of them to stop the freezing issue (PS3).
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

xbox 360 user here.

i have played over 120 ranked games online with 0% disconnects.

i have played 2 online dynasty games versus the cpu that froze at halftime, forcing me to restart (i was winning 1 and losing 1).

i never quit games. i prefer to learn from my losses. as an older gamer (43), quitting just to win doesn't even seem as fun as losing, making adjustments, and trying to get better.

so, in my 2 different online dynasties i have had 2 freezes that caused me to have to restart. both were legitimate.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wish you were able to punish the team for restarts like taking away 5 scholarships for each restart no matter what the reason was
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Your Friends r lame lol
But keep regulating them into taking the L

What a friend & I have done for those who restart games (without legit reason)
Tally the # of restarts & as a punishment # ='s the # of weeks we will sim of theirs as we finish out our own

1-3 Players basiclly only played 1-5 games out right w/restarts & w/out during regular season
Week sim's went into some off season weeks & were auto-sim'd
or we put them on auto pilot

If the lost their job or if we were just tired of their lies 4 restarts changedtheir job to a coordinator & told em they would have to earn a HC job in the upcoming season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartansAreComing
I wish there was a Hardcore option to select when creating dynasties that disabled restarts, and if you exited the game manually it would sim the rest and count the game. If there was some kind of break in connection and the user lost connection then I could understand the need to allow them to restart.

I have a friend who would be on the 12 game restarts a week. I started watching his scores through the xbox friends list. He would start a game, halfway through the first 8 minute quarter he would be down by 14 and he would restart, wouldnt even try to overcome the adversity. Once I saw him restart a minute in when he was down 0-7. Asked him what happened and he said on the kickoff they ran it back for a TD.

Needless to say, most my friends are these types of players. They play dynasty mode to win all their games and the NC, the only thing stopping them is me and I make it a point to stop them. I am the kind to play a dynasty and roll with the punches and really try to build a program by wins and losses.
Who Dat Nation #1 ~ Dome Patrol ~ Head Bussa'z

Real athletes get @ me for discounts on Mass Suits
www.masssuit.com (I'm The Brotha in Vids)

Commish of -
http://tha-playaz-league.blogspot.com/

***Seeking Everyday Gamers***

Last edited by Tha_Devinite; 08-13-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtro33
I wish you were able to punish the team for restarts like taking away 5 scholarships for each restart no matter what the reason was
I set them on auto pilot for 2 weeks not allowing them to play their games nor recruit but it doesnt do much justice so second offense equals bye bye

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »