Home

Notre Dame Overrated

This is a discussion on Notre Dame Overrated within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Rookie

STLcardz-NDirish's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Notre Dame Overrated

The roster is top heavy because of teo and eifert and how the overalls are figured doesn't account for that. I'm a realistic ND fan and there isn't a player on that roster that is really overrated. If there is its only by a couple points.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

ND is overrated in 3 major areas which causes problems when simming their season:
-Wide Receiver
-Corner Back
-Quarterback

because of these, it makes there defense a hell of a lot stronger than it is. The defense will be top 25 this year, good against the run, and decent to average against the pass. WR abilities are too high across the board making the passing attack a little too strong for them. However i believe this balances out for the downplaying of the running back rotation and defensive line depth. Notre Dame will have four running backs that could start for 85% of the teams in college football, between George Atkinson III, Amir Carlisle, Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood. Now the starting QB, Andrew Hendrix or Everett Golson, are slightly overrated in terms seeing as neither has played much, both are good passers, with very different running styles. Tommy Rees should be a mid 70 overall. Corners should be a low/mid 80 for Bennett Jackson, and high 70s for Lo Wood and Josh Atkinson, based on playing time for Lo, and the track speed of Jackson and Atkinson along with their ability to close gaps well in one on one coverage. Their LB core is underrated, with multiple guys being able to start at 3/4 positions, as Manti has locked down Mike. Between Councell, Williams, Shembo, Spond, Fox, Calabrese, Shmidt, Grace and even Utupo, the Irish have one of the best linebacking corps in the country, but EA doesnt show this. If the correct changes are made, you will see ND as a 8-4/9-3 team losing to USC and Oklahoma cause of the passing attack, and Michigan State because of their own inability to move the ball through the air. They would play Bama close, and lose due to Bama's experience up front and from problems caused by play action against soft cover 2, that, and the offense would suck because it would become 1 dimmensional.

hope this helps the "ND is overrated" bit thats on here every time

Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

My friend and I started a 2 team offline dynasty and Norte dame is the only team besides us too win mutliple champ. We are in year 9. Chip Kelly also has the number 3 best coaching record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Manny_B214's Arena

OVR: 5

dude its the beauty of college football it can happen at anytime any week.. UPSET! While ND beating Bama is unlikely but still though let the randomness play out besides atleast you got to notable programs i get UTAH Vs. Washington
68Rec 948Yrds 11TD
95Rush 674Yrds 8TD
489Pass Yds 8TD 11INT

Senior Stats:
Curently Playing AAU Ball For The Dallas Longhorn Elie
PPG:14.2
RPG:7.6
APG:4.9
SPG:1.2
BLK:3.2
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #13
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

With my Mizzou Dynasty I got Ohio not tOSU but the Ohio Bobcats in my year 4 Dynasty National Championship. Random crap happens all the time year 2 Florida was like 2-10 and LSU one year was 3-9.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #14
Rookie

SpartansAreComing's Arena

OVR: 6

Many teams are overrated in NCAA games, that's just the way it is. College football is driven by its fan base and even mediocre schools have huge fan bases. I find that most every team is rated above what it should be, then the nationally popular schools are rates much above what they should be. It's done to please the masses of fans.

Wisconsin is 99 overall and while they have good seasons as of late, they still failed to win the rose bowls they made it to, and lost a decent chunk of talent this year.

Realistically the top ratings I could see teams having would be a 95, that would show they they are in the top most ratings, but being college football and really there always being the chance of mistakes and upsets, no team should have an offense or defense rated a 99. Nevermind how the Overall reflects some number unrelated to a teams offense of defense.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
With the way EA gives 99's out what in gods name would true elite teams be rated? Like on the old Ncaa's they would let you select past great great teams. I know it's still EA that put them on there but I dont remember them rating teams high like they do now...

Probably at least A++++++ 150 overall

99's should be hardly ever be seen that's like the best of best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #16
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
I do not hate ND, I just want the game to be realistic. Notre Dame beating Alabama in the NC is NO REALISTIC TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR. NO ****ING WAY.

NCAA DEVS, you guys overrate this program every year... please, at least cut them down a few points and lower a few pitches. It would make the game alot more realistic.
Have you downloaded the latest OS rosters? Cause uhm.. ND is like.. An A- now. With B+ offense and defense. So.. It's a lot closer to how they really are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »