Home

A Way To Make A.I QB's Better

This is a discussion on A Way To Make A.I QB's Better within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
A Way To Make A.I QB's Better

I have been working on sliders and my test games for CPU passing has been against USC. During all of my tests Matt Barkley was playing horrible and i kept trying everything to make him play like a semblance of himself. But after my 19th game i decided to look at Lane Kiffin's philosophy.

The problem was plain and simple, LOWER THE COACHES AGGRESSIVE SLIDERS. This slider out of the box for USC was 75 and all game long the Trojans would just run 4 verticals and he would sit in the pocket and chuck up a bad throw. The aggressive slider is the home run slider aka the big play slider, it measures how much a coach wants the big play. AT 75 he would want a deep throw about every 2 plays and it makes USC very beatable and boring to play against. I put it at 50 and I'm seeing a very different Matt Barkley. Now i see more short and intermediate passes and no more hail marry's, this alone can make the CPU passing game unstoppable and can alter how hard it is to beat ranked teams. In dynasty when i play Nebraska, i shrug it off since i know Taylor Martinez will be a none factor and i bump up the CPU's run game to compensate for the lack of challenge the A.I passing has to offer. Lowering this even further will make the A.I throw nothing but short passes for 5 yards and will make them pretty predictable. 40-60 aggression is would i would work within, any higher or lower will create repetitive Hail Marry's or slant and drag throws all game.

And maybe this slider will reduce screens from the CPU since screens may fall in the big play category, that i don't know.

I may make a roster edit for the top 25 teams, to many things are out of whack with the offenses and defenses. Oregon's option run game stinks and Top tier QB's are brain dead because of their coaches aggressive slider. Ohio state has a 50/50 pass run slider when Urban Meyer is a spread run heavy guy. GT should run damn near every play and Houston should be letting it fly 8/10 plays. The coaching sliders should be viewed just as important as game sliders because it determines the flow of the game and i rather have Matt Barkley ripping me rather then going 15/25 every game because of a stupid little slider.

Last edited by The ArkanSaw; 08-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: A Way To Make A.I QB's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
I have been working on sliders and my test games for CPU passing has been against USC. During all of my tests Matt Barkley was playing horrible and i kept trying everything to make him play like a semblance of himself. But after my 19th game i decided to look at Lane Kiffin's philosophy.

The problem was plain and simple, LOWER THE COACHES AGGRESSIVE SLIDERS. This slider out of the box for USC was 75 and all game long the Trojans would just run 4 verticals and he would sit in the pocket and chuck up a bad throw. The aggressive slider is the home run slider aka the big play slider, it measures how much a coach wants the big play. AT 75 he would want a deep throw about every 2 plays and it makes USC very beatable and boring to play against. I put it at 50 and I'm seeing a very different Matt Barkley. Now i see more short and intermediate passes and no more hail marry's, this alone can make the CPU passing game unstoppable and can alter how hard it is to beat ranked teams. In dynasty when i play Nebraska, i shrug it off since i know Taylor Martinez will be a none factor and i bump up the CPU's run game to compensate for the lack of challenge the A.I passing has to offer. Lowering this even further will make the A.I throw nothing but short passes for 5 yards and will make them pretty predictable. 40-60 aggression is would i would work within, any higher or lower will create repetitive Hail Marry's or slant and drag throws all game.

And maybe this slider will reduce screens from the CPU since screens may fall in the big play category, that i don't know.

I may make a roster edit for the top 25 teams, to many things are out of whack with the offenses and defenses. Oregon's option run game stinks and Top tier QB's are brain dead because of their coaches aggressive slider. Ohio state has a 50/50 pass run slider when Urban Meyer is a spread run heavy guy. GT should run damn near every play and Houston should be letting it fly 8/10 plays. The coaching sliders should be viewed just as important as game sliders because it determines the flow of the game and i rather have Matt Barkley ripping me rather then going 15/25 every game because of a stupid little slider.

Interesting find. I will try that out and get back to you
Old 08-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Rookie

LA NOIR's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow nice find, i haven't played this game in a few days simply because the A.I had no common sense. Matt Barkley is a 98 ovr yet he plays like a first year QB for Nevada. I adjusted the aggression to 50 and the bomb voyage began. Matt went 23/28 281 and 3 on mostly short throws with good YAC. Nice find, and if you can fix Oregon then you should get a reward because their quack attack is whack, and their QB is clueless and all they do is get stuffed on option plays. Most they ever scored on me was 17.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA NOIR
Wow nice find, i haven't played this game in a few days simply because the A.I had no common sense. Matt Barkley is a 98 ovr yet he plays like a first year QB for Nevada. I adjusted the aggression to 50 and the bomb voyage began. Matt went 23/28 281 and 3 on mostly short throws with good YAC. Nice find, and if you can fix Oregon then you should get a reward because their quack attack is whack, and their QB is clueless and all they do is get stuffed on option plays. Most they ever scored on me was 17.
Im working on them right now, i finished USC and Now I'm about 80% finished with Oregon's offense. Their run game is top notch as im testing and their definitely not whack anymore lol. The only Issue with them really is the aggression aspect because with it on high as i stated in the OP, they will run A lot of 4 vert plays whenever they pass but it seems to open up the running game for their QB who is a scrambler since all of the DB's and LB's are in coverage so the only people that can get to him is the D-line. I'm about to test with it on the lowest level and see if it makes their offense more realistic. Once i finish with them I'm going to make a coaches slider thread for each team (top 25 first) and release each one as i finish.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Will I be able to download these fixes? I had a guy from ULL (my team) win the Jim Thorpe award because of his big sack numbers. That's kind of strange. I guess I can't change it if I already started a dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Will I be able to download these fixes? I had a guy from ULL (my team) win the Jim Thorpe award because of his big sack numbers. That's kind of strange. I guess I can't change it if I already started a dynasty.
Yeah i will be uploading a roster with the changes in a bit, i may do every team but 1 team takes a few hours of testing so maybe i will just do the top 25 and give guidelines on how to edit any team you want.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

My biggest gripe with the game right now. The CPU is too da*n aggressive. They blitz 95% of the game with no common sense (3&13 ...) and of course you are prepared so big plays after big plays.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I can say this with 100% certainty.

Turning DOWN aggression on D and O for CPU coaches results in a much HARDER game. The CPU doesn't give up free TD's on defence, and, conversely, on offence... they don't always go for a home run. Longer sustained drives are much more difficult to deal with now. Combine this with custom playbooks with no screens or option plays and the CPU is hard as hell but not cheating on AA.

Good find. A+ thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »