Home

Play recognition = CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Play recognition = CPU cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

My gripe with this game is when I throw for 400yrds and I'm 16-22 with 4 picks and 2 drops really? The biggest thing lacking in running and passing is physics.. This is why counter plays, double moves and toss plays don't work for the most part. I'm anxiously awaiting this patch if it doesn't fix the game I'll be using this game as a trade in for 2k13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #26
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I will have to agree that CPU coverage has been insanely good for years...you can throw over a guy and they will sky up almost every time to tip it away (only when its the other team, not for your teams defense) and I have had several times where I throw into single coverage ahead of my WR and all of a sudden a DB will come in from out of nowhere to make unbelievable plays.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #27
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
I think some of you are still playing 12 lol

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #28
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't agree with the whole OP, but I do agree with some things.

The user team defenders do not play like the CPU team defenders

and

The CPU defense, especially the DBs, get in way too fast against the run. On run plays it seems like as soon as the ball is snapped the entire defense is sprinting at the RB with of course both CB's blitzing in to prevent the outside run.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #29
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

These problems all can be dealt with by editing the proper ratings.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #30
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
These problems all can be dealt with by editing the proper ratings.
I don't really find it a feasible solution to go in and edit thousands of players especially when you get into dynasty mode.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #31
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Running with GT online is impossible. Every play gets 1-2 yards and even on cover 2 defenses i can't get any pull. It is more on blocking then mind reading defenders. Some teams IMO are obsolete if they are option heavy teams. This game makes running teams useless since you can't consistently sustain a drive with running in this game online. On 3 man rushes the DT magically disengages and tackles me or on options 4 defenders are coming straight at me. Theres no sense of reacting to the play, they just know what time and place to be at in order to stop your runs.

The only time i get any good runs is off of broken tackles, or user mistakes by the other player. Other than that my GT experience has been a nightmare. Now i see why i never see Oregon users online, Because the blocking mixed with psychic defense makes it impossible to imitate their real life team unless your lucky or playing a bad user. Run middle,left,right is so overpowered. I see people using it as a way to boost their blitzes online.

Passing is good other than the obvious deep ball issue but EA really needs to come up with better blocking next year. Every year on NCAA or Madden, the blocking is just horrid and frustrating.

Horrible, nuff said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #32
Rookie

I am sorry , but i have to disagree with OP, there is no psychic DB's/defense , at least not in offline dynasty this year.Only time i have seen CPU "knew " what i am doing was when PCV was set on 100, lower that down to 95 and it's fair game.

Example on Heisman:

I have set of plays for strong I, Ace and I normal(or how ever is called), and i would take one formation and run few plays, then go for PA from that formation (like Power 0, FB flare, Counter, etc..). CPU will bite 4 out 5 times at least, resulting in completion.Important thing is to learn how to use pass blocking (pinch or slide to certain side). I know, blocking is horrible , but it's still doable.It doesn't even have to be PA pass, but plain one, as long it's from same formation like previous run plays.

Now the only difference is when i use coaching sliders out of box, it's deep pass TD almost every time (due to CPU aggressive zone play and constant blitzing).

If i use Arkansaw's coaching sliders with Chedapalooza's fix(i would highly recommend that to anyone) then it's completed pass but to FB or mid range WR.

I am pretty much n00b in NCAA but i had to move up to Heisman this year ,because unlike last year CPU can't stop anything on AA .

Does CPU cheats? Surely does, but far less then last year.

Last edited by tariq071; 08-14-2012 at 01:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »