Home

Is it me or are there an unusual amount of draws out of shotgun by the CPU?

This is a discussion on Is it me or are there an unusual amount of draws out of shotgun by the CPU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it me or are there an unusual amount of draws out of shotgun by the CPU?

It really annoys me playing the CPU when it is constantly draws
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is it me or are there an unusual amount of draws out of shotgun by the CPU?

I've only seen this (and I've seen it often enough) when they're successful so I can't be mad at 'em. I've seen as many as 4 draws in a row before and they'll keep running them until I can finally stop them.

On the flip side, I've seen constant HB screens before, despite the fact that I sack the QB on every one of them. Those do piss me off a lot, but not the draws.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
A lot of draws out of shotgun happens in college football, especially for spread and air raid teams.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
A lot of draws out of shotgun happens in college football, especially for spread and air raid teams.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

That's understandable, but every single team i am playing is only doing draws, screens and/or bombs(with few option plays), disregarding of their offensive style.(ex Nebraska run total of 6-7 runs against me in like 60+ plays, all draws, same with Wisconsin, Ohio St, etc..)They all play same, despite either of those not working.

It's getting rather annoying, since i haven't seen decent pass or run call in awhile and it doesn't help CPU at all.

I've tried everything that i could to lower that down, different sliders, even tried to change coaching tendencies, no luck..

Maybe it has something to do with AI adjustments being set on aggressive all the time
Old 08-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
That's understandable, but every single team i am playing is only doing draws, screens and/or bombs(with few option plays), disregarding of their offensive style.(ex Nebraska run total of 6-7 runs against me in like 60+ plays, all draws, same with Wisconsin, Ohio St, etc..)They all play same, despite either of those not working.

It's getting rather annoying, since i haven't seen decent pass or run call in awhile and it doesn't help CPU at all.

I've tried everything that i could to lower that down, different sliders, even tried to change coaching tendencies, no luck..

Maybe it has something to do with AI adjustments being set on aggressive all the time
I'm Michigan so I play the same teams and I haven't seen that at all. They all mix up their play calling nicely against me. I play on Heisman with custom sliders. I haven't touched coaching sliders (I think the aggressiveness slider may help you out if you wanna experiment with that).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm Michigan so I play the same teams and I haven't seen that at all. They all mix up their play calling nicely against me. I play on Heisman with custom sliders. I haven't touched coaching sliders (I think the aggressiveness slider may help you out if you wanna experiment with that).
It's appears to be difficulty level, i am playing on AA, but when i switched to Heisman(kept same sliders) and replayed one of the games (i had it saved) i was seeing what you were mentioning.

Completely different game, CPU was mixing everything, barely any signs of draws, screens and bombs) , and for once it was quite a game...
Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I've noticed this as well. Teams with statue pocket passers running consecutive draws is weird. Something's not right when Landry Jones has 11 rush attempts.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I've noticed this as well. Teams with statue pocket passers running consecutive draws is weird. Something's not right when Landry Jones has 11 rush attempts.
We've been talking about HB draws, not QB draws. I don't think I've ever seen any QB (even scramblers using the aOSU or Nebraska pb) run a QB draw before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »