Home

Broken tackles by the CPU

This is a discussion on Broken tackles by the CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Broken tackles by the CPU

I do not know if it is just me or what, but the computer always breaks at least one tackle in every play. I am using real good defenses (Texas and Georgia) but they seem to break every tackle attempt. I do just big hit a lot but I have used that as means of tackling for the past 3 years and never had problems. Is that the problem or is everyone having issues like this. Should I just run into the ball carrier and tackle or should I press square(ps3)?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
You could try adjusting your strategy from aggressive to conservative and go for more solid tackles. With the sliders we use in my dynasty, the CPU will burn you for constantly going for the stick.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

GHmanRON's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Broken tackles by the CPU

Like AU said, you may want to change your def. strategy to conservative to get more tackles. But I have had more problems with broken tackles this year then past games.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHmanRON
Like AU said, you may want to change your def. strategy to conservative to get more tackles. But I have had more problems with broken tackles this year then past games.
They actually fixed it this year finally, as it aggressive tackling and/or ball striping leads to bigger chance of missed/broken tackle.
Combine that with CPU running being always set on aggressive and you get whole bunch of broken tackles.

There was no downside before, you will do big hit or strip ball whole , with almost no chance of missing tackle.

It's now as it should be, situational feature, to bad that CPU doesn't get it since it's still keeping it on aggressive whole game.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Rookie

I do not mess with my strategy for tackling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I had this problem too. Don't use the hit stick and you'll be better. If that doesn't help, adjust the USER tackle slider up a notch or two.

I couldn't stop using the hit stick, so I adjusted the tackle slider up 1 notch and it worked wonders. I'm obsessed with the hit stick, but I've been trying to ween myself off of it and just using the tackle button.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't use the hit stick. I play on heisman & my sliders are 55 run ability cpu & 50 tackle human. The cpu breaks close to 10 tackles a game between the qb & rb. It gets frustrating when they break 5 tackles on third down to get a first. But the cpu is so dumb that I accept it.

On the flip side, I adjusted my sliders up to 100 run ability human & 0 tackle cpu & still my adjusted 99 rb (one game test) broke only 2 tackles. I may be doing something wrong though.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
On the flip side, I adjusted my sliders up to 100 run ability human & 0 tackle cpu & still my adjusted 99 rb (one game test) broke only 2 tackles. I may be doing something wrong though.
I think you're doing something wrong. I play on Heisman with 55 user RBA and 45 CPU tackle and 55 CPU rushing defense and these are the top tackle breakers in the 1st couple of years in my dynasty (obviously none of them are 99 OVR).

and here are the top tackle breakers in a single game in just a couple of years.

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-07-2012 at 02:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »