Home

Friend found way to cheat vs CPU, advice to stop it

This is a discussion on Friend found way to cheat vs CPU, advice to stop it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Friend found way to cheat vs CPU, advice to stop it

BA2929... If I beat you by 40 every game would you ask me to stop killing you or would you figure out a way to fix it? What a sissy.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
BA2929... If I beat you by 40 every game would you ask me to stop killing you or would you figure out a way to fix it? What a sissy.

He has said it won't work against users just against the cpu. And I don't want to ask him to stop it, because I would feel as if I am taking his MLB out of the game. I just want to know what to adjust to where he isn't getting as many each game. When Florida has -67 yards rushing because the QB was sacked so many times, then it isn't reaistic.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I know what you mean as I have been in the same situation forever now. I have been playing with the same group of people since the Bill Walsh days. They won't budge from default all-amercian. There were 2-3 people in our dynasty last season that had 70 sacks with a single player. Then they complain the computer is too easy. We have a great dynasty going but some times I would rather play my own game with sliders or just do another OD with people on OS that use sliders. Then I face of the problem that changing sliders can hinder your game. Pretty much a gaming catch-22.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
Banned

The only thing you can do is up the Pass blocking slider for the computer...

Complete trial here:

You could also try (completely off the top of my head, I didn't get the game this year) make him change his Coach Philosophy sliders and make him either turn his Defensive Aggressiveness to 100 or 0 and maybe that would change the way the computer plays against him playcalling wise. Other than that you don't have any other options off the top of my head.

Also ask him if he can do it using any defensive play call or does it just work under a certain playcall. The computer mathematically (code) plays vs certain plays different ways and maybe this one play just screws up the code.

Last edited by NutsackII; 08-06-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Banned

Boxboy - nothing worse than unrealistic stats in a sports game. Ruins the whole dang thing, I feel for ya.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
Boxboy - nothing worse than unrealistic stats in a sports game. Ruins the whole dang thing, I feel for ya.
Yeah, double edge sword. I love playing with my friends and talking trash but I also like the computer games to be meaningful. Thinking of doing a coach mode maybe on the side, but trying to just hold off until Madden.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Tell him cheesers arent allowed in your league, and give him the boot.

Then, get out your notebook and jot down the lesson you learned. "dont mix business with pleasure."

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Have the sack totals gone down after the tuner? I have 15 sacks with my MLB through 5 games in one of my dynasties. I get that's nowhere near 7-8 a game, but almost all 15 of those were either that the MLB got there first on a screen (which seems to have improved at least somewhat since the tuner) or because I use the MLB to spy on QB's who are prone to scrambling and they get him before he gets past the LOS. But it's mostly the screens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »