Home

How engrossing is Dynasty?

This is a discussion on How engrossing is Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: How engrossing is Dynasty?

Wow. Just wanted to say thanks for the very in depth and honest answers regarding dynasty and it's pros/cons.

Like you guys picked, I tend to favor the management aspects of sports games. You can find various different types on PC (sometimes Mac) such as the Wolverine Studios and Grey Dog Software products. But whilst these titles excel in the immersion of a dynasty or career mode, their graphics and representation of game action is pretty limited.

Football manager is fast becoming my favorite though (along with College Hoops 2k8) mainly because it's a brilliant management game but also boasts a semi-decent 3D engine which allows you to watch your team play, like you're watching on tv or from the sidelines.

Based on some of your assessments I think I will hold off on NCAA 13 and either wait until some patches/tuners are released and the community response to them. Or re-gauge my enthusiasm when NCAA 14 comes out.

Again, thanks alot for the responses.

And DorianDonP, I'll definitely check out the Head Coach game and see what that is like.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

It's not. You have to create your own depth and story. NCAA requires a lot of work to enjoy and have it be difficult. but I love college ball so I put that work in.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

You probably already know it but just in case, Out of the Park is a series of baseball management games much like football manager. Worth a shot if you haven't played it yet and don't mind learning a lot about baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I still play college hoops 2k8 because the dynasty is so much fun and Im not even a big basketball fan. How I wish they would make a new one though..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Football manager is fast becoming my favorite though (along with College Hoops 2k8) mainly because it's a brilliant management game but also boasts a semi-decent 3D engine which allows you to watch your team play, like you're watching on tv or from the sidelines.
Go on, who are you in FM, and how's it going?

I'm interested in these responses too. I like Madden, but am a bit bored with it. I'm English, and while I'm a big NFL fan and have been for about 12 years (picked the Rams to support because they were the best and most exciting team then. Woops), I've no knowledge of college football. I've heard Dynasty in NCAA is much better than Franchise in Madden (although Madden seems intriguing this year).

Played and loved the demo of NCAA13, and am considering getting it on import, but I want to know if the game as a whole is likely to be understandable and engaging to someone who knows their pro football, but has no clue about their college football (and just doesn't get the phenomenon of college sports at all).
Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Dynasty in NCAA Football 13 is really not that in engrossing at all. It's repetitive and mostly you push the A button to advance. There is no individual work outs, or rookie camps/games like in NBA 2K. In NBA 2K you can actually play with the players you are recruiting in the off-season, they have individual work outs, and pro camps, not just push the A button to reveal stats and say you scouted a player. Recruiting gets old after 2-3 seasons, all you do pitch and offer over and over again.
The commentary is stale in NCAA 13 also, they don't know anything about the players on the team. The don't mention, what high school they came from, what the expectations of a player is, or even the stats a player earned in the previous game.
Recruit online. it's a different, better experience. EA's done a great job with the integration. there is more out there for them to implement, but it's definitely solid as it stands.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Recruit online. it's a different, better experience. EA's done a great job with the integration. there is more out there for them to implement, but it's definitely solid as it stands.
I do recruit online, and it's worst than recruiting on the console because it's slow. Overall, it's basically the same thing as recruiting on the console but slower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I disagree with most of those who have posted. Recruiting is extremely deep to me (scouting, dynamic pitches, recruit rankings, etc), Coaching Carousel is pretty well done and almost on the level of College Hoops (the presentation of it is better I think, the logic just isn't quite there) and there are tons of little things that really add to it like: studio updates, championship contenders, Heisman race, top 25 stadiums, bowl projections, mock drafts, transfers, and the ESPN bottom line.

Edit: In fact, even as an avid lover of MLB: The Show, I'd rank Dynasty Mode ahead of their Franchise Mode.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »