Home

10-2 First Season, To Good.

This is a discussion on 10-2 First Season, To Good. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
10-2 First Season, To Good.

Anyone considered restarting their 1st season dynasty because your record was to good?

I just went 10-2 regular season my first season of my dynasty and spent a lot of time thinking that taylor martinez was to good. better than his real life counter part. to accurate.

Long story short, making it to the B1G championship game has something unrealistic feeling about it.

The heck of it all is now, all the time spent recruiting, etc, all for not.

Would you restart because you were "to good", or ride it out and see how next season plays out?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Rookie

bigjay302's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 10-2 First Season, To Good.

Last year it took me a while to get a set of sliders that made me feel like i earned my record. This year, I found a set on here and it made the difference for me. Sort by number of post in the slider section and the set is the first one that comes up.
PGA 2K21
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbook...=operasport-20
HILARIOUS BLOG
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjay302
Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I actually see this being pretty realistic for Nebraska, they definitely have a chance to go 10-2 and word is Taylor has vastly improved this past off season
Old 08-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think 10-2 with a team like Nebraska is a pretty good result assuming that you are an experienced player. I would be more inclined to worry if you won the NC with them in your first year. If it felt too easy I would just adjust the sliders for the next season.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Anyone considered restarting their 1st season dynasty because your record was to good?

I just went 10-2 regular season my first season of my dynasty and spent a lot of time thinking that taylor martinez was to good. better than his real life counter part. to accurate.

Long story short, making it to the B1G championship game has something unrealistic feeling about it.

The heck of it all is now, all the time spent recruiting, etc, all for not.

Would you restart because you were "to good", or ride it out and see how next season plays out?
How well did Martinez throw? As far as the record. I think its the high end of the real Nebraska window. Its definitely possible they could do that. I think they'll probably end up with 8 or 9 wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan92
I actually see this being pretty realistic for Nebraska, they definitely have a chance to go 10-2 and word is Taylor has vastly improved this past off season
I'm from NE, live in Omaha, go to all the home games, and listen to all the sports radio. I know the word, and I also know reality.

National perception of taylor is way, way more positive, or shal i say over rated compared to what Nebraskans think in general.

I will say that 10-2 might be doable for NE, and while i look back at my games, and have adjusted my sliders to make things more difficult along the way, i did earn some wins, and did play against teams with injury that i barely won.

I guess i always figure, 1st year head coach, new system makes for a bit of a struggle that first season.

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
How well did Martinez throw? As far as the record. I think its the high end of the real Nebraska window. Its definitely possible they could do that. I think they'll probably end up with 8 or 9 wins.
Taylor Martinez
PASSING
Comp Att Yds TD Int
154 231 1864 15 9

RUSHING
Att Yds TD Fum Long
82 217 3 7 24

Losses to
UCLA 45-10
OSU 14-7

Braxton Miller was injured for the game, Denard Robinson injured for the game, Silas Redd did not play, injured prior to the game.

I beat Iowa in double OT 31-24, they were 5-6.

What say you? that's through the Huskers first season schedule.
I think 8-9 is what they will likely do too.

Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-07-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Taylor Martinez
PASSING
Comp Att Yds TD Int
154 231 1864 15 9

RUSHING
Att Yds TD Fum Long
82 217 3 7 24

Losses to
UCLA 45-10
OSU 14-7

Braxton Miller was injured for the game, Denard Robinson injured for the game, Silas Redd did not play, injured prior to the game.

I beat Iowa in double OT 31-24, they were 5-6.

What say you? that's through the Huskers first season schedule.
I think 8-9 is what they will likely do too.
I agree with your assessment, Martinez threw better than i would have thought. Ran worse than i thought he would though. I would probably just go on to the next season unless you changed your sliders quite a bit this past season to make it worthwhile to do over. With those Qbs out, its even more of possibility of getting 10 wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »