Home

Hybrid Offenses???

This is a discussion on Hybrid Offenses??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hybrid Offenses???

Hey guys,

I dont know if this has already been discussed but this interested me a lot.

So its year 3 in my dynasty. I was the offensive coordinator at Alabama and accepted a job offer in year 3 to be the head coach at Arizona State. So there have been a lot of coaching changes since year 1 and I scheduled a game against New Mexico Lobos.

Okay, in year 1 Troy Calhoun (Air Force) kind of retired (contract was not extended despite leading Air Force to a 10-3 record). Now he is coaching at New Mexico, running the option offense. Now this is where my title will make sense. His OC is the current New Mexico OC (Spread, no-huddle).

Now correct me if im wrong but when I played the Lobos, I expected a regular Air Force offense. What I got was that, but they ran more shotgun plays along with flexbone formation but they were a no-huddle offense so does that mean that the OC (with a D prestige) has influence on Calhoun's playbook (who is a B prestige) and does that work with every CPU controlled team?

If so what are some interesting combinations yall have experianced?

THIS IS... ALABAMA FOOTBALL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Rookie

AustinMG82's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hybrid Offenses???

Can't speak for the shotgun element, but Air Force runs a no huddle flexbone offense so possibly not
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

jarato's Arena

I believe the air force playbook does have several shotgun formations which also have a couple option plays.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Oh they run a no huddle? Well that explains everything. Darn I was hoping that it was the head coach using some elements from the offensive coordinators style of play....

Another question, Will the head coach always win when it comes to offense/defense? EX. If a higher prestige defensive coordinator, lets say Kirby Smart, with an A+ goes to Ole Miss which runs a 4-3 under a B prestige Hugh Freeze, would Smart have to default to a 4-3 defense because of the HC or would Smart's prestige trump Freeze's and Ole Miss would run a 3-4?

THIS IS... ALABAMA FOOTBALL
Old 08-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy09
Oh they run a no huddle? Well that explains everything. Darn I was hoping that it was the head coach using some elements from the offensive coordinators style of play....

Another question, Will the head coach always win when it comes to offense/defense? EX. If a higher prestige defensive coordinator, lets say Kirby Smart, with an A+ goes to Ole Miss which runs a 4-3 under a B prestige Hugh Freeze, would Smart have to default to a 4-3 defense because of the HC or would Smart's prestige trump Freeze's and Ole Miss would run a 3-4?
Yes. The HC decides which pbs are used. Also, take a look at Air Force's pb. It's way different than Navy, GT, or Army. It's listed as "option" but it's probably the most "multiple" playbook in the entire game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »