Home

Far too many interceptions

This is a discussion on Far too many interceptions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Far too many interceptions

Don't have a problem with interceptions myself but the CPU QB throws atleast 3-4 every game which is ridirkulous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #26
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

It is too easy to get picks against the cpu. That to me is more of a problem than throwing them myself even though they do seem to be up this year.
Short answer has been given already. You have to adjust sliders. I just don't see any way around it. Reading the OP it sounds like your a little like me in that you don't like messing with sliders and would like the game to be "right" without sliders. Before sliders I found myself changing the way I wanted to play to make it fit in the game. Once I broke down and started adjusting sliders I can play the game the way I want to play. Much more enjoyable way to pass the time.
If you do make the slider plunge there are some good sliders posted on OS. I use my own but reading the posts in the forums gave me some great ideas to look at and adjust. I don't think any single set of sliders work for anyone because everyone has different opinions and backgrounds.
Good luck.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #27
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
tips:
first get better at the game
Real helpful. The guy's a veteran of the game. He's apparently played plenty of versions of NCAA that haven't had the problems he detailed, so I'm going to guess that his complaints about the programming of this game are pretty valid. The game has been out a month, I'm sure he plays it a lot, so I'm sure his comments are based on a sizeable body of work.

I haven't had time to play the game yet, even though I got it the day it dropped. I played one game and interceptions were ridiculous. This was using FAU vs. Troy, two teams without great defenders. My body of work is obviously much smaller than the poster's, but it sounds like a bad trend.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Interceptions the last few years have been up. One of the first changes to sliders i make is the interception slider. Especially early on when you first get the game until you get used to how the CPU covers receivers. After you get the hang of it, you can start to bump up the slider. The CPU does throw alot of bad passes especially bad QB's but, that is the way it should be, right? I have my interception slider at 35 for both me and the CPU. It seems about right as i still can get 3 or more pics and if i make a bad pass, it will get intercepted but, will also be dropped by the CPU. Imagine a linebacker trying to catch a bullet throw. They dont have the best hands. Practice could help you determine WHEN to make a pass on a certain route. Thats the key i think. As well as the left stick leading and "throwing a receiver open". I still throw alot of dumb passes especially when the old controler is vibrating letting me know i am about to get sacked. I spaz out and sometimes hit a receivers button that i have no clue where they are on the field. I hate that. PANIC! But seriously, there is nothing wrong with tinkering with a slider to get the results you want. Especially the INT slider.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having a similar experience. To me it looks obvious what the problem is- receivers don't go up for the ball but defenders (CBs, SSs, LBs even) will make fantastic plays to get to the ball and pick it off. I'll give an example from one play that literally just happened minutes ago:

My WR is running a post route, SS deep in coverage, CB pulled up short on someone else. My WR makes his cut to the inside, the SS is a couple yards outside and about 10 yards downfield. My WR is now going at a 45 degree angle, yet the SS is able to react after I throw the ball to run straight through my WR, leap into the air, and grab the ball. My WR is still flat footed with one arm up in the air to catch as if there's no defender there.

First of all, that's pass interference for running through my guy. Second, why the hell isn't my WR going up for the ball? I know I can take control of him and make him, but I expect my teammates to do their job without me having to take over and do it for them. On really basic stuff like this, anyway.

If this was a matter of my WR being a freshman with little understanding of his role against a senior SS with great awareness and play reading and all that, ok, but in this year's game that result is to be expected in every passing situation now. Your receiver will keep on running their route or even get pushed out of the way while defenders will charge in, leap into the air, and fight for the ball.

I see other people whining about uniform patches or coach visors (really?) and other little stuff, but I just want the game to be realistic. My biggest problem with this year's game, really my only problem, is the way defenders fight hard for every ball but receivers always just wait for it to land in their laps. And I don't mean just CPU controlled teams, my guys do it on defense too. There are way too many INTs in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »