Home

General observations so far

This is a discussion on General observations so far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: General observations so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major9
Yeah, sounds like you need harder sliders. Its not hard to do...
Agreed .

Sounds like this is what you need.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
No, not on varsity, lol. It's just the defense I run, it shuts down the run, I get a lot of sacks, and the only way the computer scores on me is by hitting a deep pass.

On '13, with the computer slide-blocking, all I have to do is bring a LB up near the center, and with my 5-man line, the DE comes free nearly every time.
so you cheese then call the game easy.....ok nuff said

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow, not sure why the accusatory tone is needed. I run the same defense I've always run on NCAA. It's not cheesing, lol.
I run a 5-2 Pinch, which blitzes a LB inside. It's right there on the play choices.
My priority is to stop the run, which 5 linemen do, and to pressure the QB, which bringing another guy does. I trust my back 4 and remaining LB to man up on receiving threats. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I don't even play online, because the first few times I did, it was horrible cheesers back in the day putting a WR at QB and running all over the place, etc.

For this year's version of the game, my method on defense just works especially well I guess. As I've already said, it's the slide-blocking that's the culprit. With that, I don't need my LB to apply the pressure, he's the priority according to the blocking scheme, which leaves my DE free to get to the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Wow, not sure why the accusatory tone is needed. I run the same defense I've always run on NCAA. It's not cheesing, lol.
I run a 5-2 Pinch, which blitzes a LB inside. It's right there on the play choices.
My priority is to stop the run, which 5 linemen do, and to pressure the QB, which bringing another guy does. I trust my back 4 and remaining LB to man up on receiving threats. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I don't even play online, because the first few times I did, it was horrible cheesers back in the day putting a WR at QB and running all over the place, etc.

For this year's version of the game, my method on defense just works especially well I guess. As I've already said, it's the slide-blocking that's the culprit. With that, I don't need my LB to apply the pressure, he's the priority according to the blocking scheme, which leaves my DE free to get to the QB.
Dude. It doesn't matter what defense you're running, I don't care if you're Alabama or LSU, you need a higher difficulty. Getting -200 Rushing yards per season is ridiculous and completely unrealistic. Stop playing on varsity, clearly it's too easy for you. And if you're using the Gators I find it hard to believe you could get -200 rushing yards on AA or above. They aren't spectacular this year, or last year for that matter.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
9 games into my dynasty:

LOTS of upsets....even horrible teams beating top 5 teams (Kansas just beat top 5 Texas and #8 Baylor in consecutive weeks)

I'm 9-0, thats normal. I'm giving up -60 yds rushing per game: that is not normal. On the season stats page to look at your next matchup, instead of negative whatever yds, it's a decimal and 12 random numbers. Very uncool.

I just played Mizzou, and they attempted NO rushes. Not one. I was only up 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. Very lame.

I can run and pass, which is better than last year. But the outside WRs are still largely ineffective.

Kentucky is 7-3, Alabama is 6-3, and Kentucky is ranked ahead of Bama.

4 top-10 teams lost this past week. This is routine. Yeeesh.

Yup, this game LOVES it some Utah. 9-0, #2..spanking everyone.

My RB is leading the country in rushing, but UGA's #1, who in reality was booted off the team, and in the dynasty I edited down to a 72 rating and put at 3rd string is also top-5. How can this be???

My strong-side DE has 15 sacks, and his backup has 14.5. That's the position the O-Line ignores when you blitz. It's cool that the DE matters finally, but this is overkill.

In 9 games, I've given up 585 yards. 1100 passing and -579 rushing, thanks in large part to 77 sacks. This is dumb. The next best team has 34 sacks. I'm not bragging, I'm complaining, lol.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game. The lack of super LBs in pass coverage is wonderful. It makes the game more enjoyable overall, despite it's obvious warts.

Any other musings?
My 2 Cents Replace Crowell With A Frosh or Edit down to 40 OVR
2 U Need Harder Sliders
3 On the Upsets this is this might take up too much time for u but take Contently of the team u want to win or SIM Utaill u get the way u Want it
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #14
Banned

You fail to state what difficulty you're playing on.

You say you "know about sliders" -- do you use them? If so what do you have them set at?

You say you run the 5-2 pinch...exclusively? If so, that's cheesy. And honestly would be really boring.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I'M NOT PLAYING ON VARISTY!!!!!

I always start it on AA. The -200 yds for a season was on '12. In this year's version it's more. I'm feeling it out still. You can set the sliders as extreme as you want, the results are the same.

How is running my base D cheesing? In reality, you run your base D until the other team shows something to make you change. I played around with a 3-4 some last year, but the sacks were the same, but didn't shut down the run as well.
Is it my fault the computer never does anything to make me deviate from the 5-2?

I understand it's unrealistic, and I haven't tried it on Heisman yet. Every single year I put it on Heisman and the computer's DTs are running my RBs and WRs down from behind and it's a joke. If they EVER made Heisman about awareness instead of superhuman garbage, I'll play it. I'd rather have unrealistic stats on AA with sliders than complete cartoon-type gameplay on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Rookie

I dont understand how you can find AA so easy but Heisman way too hard. There is a nearly perfect medium if you play around with sliders. I will never understand why some people are so against it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »