Home

General observations so far

This is a discussion on General observations so far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
No, not on varsity, lol. It's just the defense I run, it shuts down the run, I get a lot of sacks, and the only way the computer scores on me is by hitting a deep pass.

On '13, with the computer slide-blocking, all I have to do is bring a LB up near the center, and with my 5-man line, the DE comes free nearly every time.

It has nothing to do with sliders, they're set and it makes no difference. If the computer has 5 guys to block 6, and the unblocked guy is a lineman right on the LOS, he gets there fast enough.

Maybe my DBs make it so the QB is unwilling to throw when he should, but I don't know.
You want some cheese with that wine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #42
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: General observations so far

Thanks guys, stay classy. Calling a total stranger a liar...be proud of yourself.

As I've said, I did mix in a 3-4 defense at times, in which I still brough 6 guys every play. It still brought plenty of sacks, but was slightly less effective against the run.

Also, thanks for the name-calling. I didn't realize blitzing one guy each play was forbidden. I'm sorry you all seem so emotionally invested in this game. I won't bring up anything further, as it'll just be met by rude jerks who don't blitz.

You know what I find boring? Playing a passive, base D on 1st down. Loading the box on a likely running play. Dropping 8 guys in coverage on an obvious passing down. Those choices are obvious and boring.

Be proud of yourselves.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Thanks guys, stay classy. Calling a total stranger a liar...be proud of yourself.

As I've said, I did mix in a 3-4 defense at times, in which I still brough 6 guys every play. It still brought plenty of sacks, but was slightly less effective against the run.

Also, thanks for the name-calling. I didn't realize blitzing one guy each play was forbidden. I'm sorry you all seem so emotionally invested in this game. I won't bring up anything further, as it'll just be met by rude jerks who don't blitz.

You know what I find boring? Playing a passive, base D on 1st down. Loading the box on a likely running play. Dropping 8 guys in coverage on an obvious passing down. Those choices are obvious and boring.

Be proud of yourselves.
At least it's not cheesy and unrealistic like playing a 5-2 every play.

THAT IS BORING. I hope some guy hits you with 4 VERTICALS to change your mind.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

What did you expect when you come on to a sim-gaming website with this?

Quote:

I'm 9-0, thats normal. I'm giving up -60 yds rushing per game: that is not normal. On the season stats page to look at your next matchup, instead of negative whatever yds, it's a decimal and 12 random numbers. Very uncool.

My strong-side DE has 15 sacks, and his backup has 14.5. That's the position the O-Line ignores when you blitz. It's cool that the DE matters finally, but this is overkill.

In 9 games, I've given up 585 yards. 1100 passing and -579 rushing, thanks in large part to 77 sacks. This is dumb. The next best team has 34 sacks. I'm not bragging, I'm complaining, lol.
People are going to call it how it is. Your style of defense and play has been diagnosed as a well-known nano-blitz from way back in Madden 10. Its cheese man, stinky cheese. Ive seen people thrown from national madden tournaments for running that defense. Its a defense that works because of its exploits, not because you are simply stacking the box and blitzing. If you ran the similar defense out of a 3 or 4 man front, you would likely see very different results. The players wouldn't really nano, you wouldn't see as many sacks or instant pressure, etc, unless you overload the line, which sends them off the deep end.

But the fact you run that defense (with the blitz up the middle) out of a 5-2 is textbook cheese and people are going to call you out about it. If you want to go somewhere where people will applaud you, you are in the wrong place. The nano-blitz takes no skill, because the offense line goes haywire and you are destined to blow up nearly every pass play.

If you want to play like that, fine. But you aren't going to find support from the people on here. Is it a problem in general that needs addressing? Yes. Just tack it on the list of in-game items EA has ignored for years.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #45
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

I don't play in touraments or online, so it's not like I'm victimizing anyone, lol.

I don't see how bringing 6 guys every play is cheesy. As I've said, I've run a 3-4 and brought 3 LBs, and I get lots of sacks. I'm not going to apologize for bringing pressure every play.

It's supposed to be high rish-high reward. But with the computer being stagnant over the years, the risk is little-to-nothing now.

I just think it's lame. I'm not looking for a support group. I'm just saying it sucks, and maybe someone else to say, yeah it does suck.

Some of you are touchy, lol. For an update, I just came back vs. OU down 27-7 to win 37-30 on Heisman. The first half was maddening, but I stuck with it. Basically my "cheesy" defense started working in the 2nd half for some reason, and they stopped playing pass D.

Last edited by orangeafroman; 08-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #46
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I don't play in touraments or online, so it's not like I'm victimizing anyone, lol.

I don't see how bringing 6 guys every play is cheesy. As I've said, I've run a 3-4 and brought 3 LBs, and I get lots of sacks. I'm not going to apologize for bringing pressure every play.

It's supposed to be high rish-high reward. But with the computer being stagnant over the years, the risk is little-to-nothing now.

I just think it's lame. I'm not looking for a support group. I'm just saying it sucks, and maybe someone else to say, yeah it does suck.

Some of you are touchy, lol. For an update, I just came back vs. OU down 27-7 to win 37-30 on Heisman. The first half was maddening, but I stuck with it. Basically my "cheesy" defense started working in the 2nd half for some reason, and they stopped playing pass D.
Uh... that's how it is SUPPOSED TO WORK. IF YOU KEEP DOING THE SAME THING, YOU WILL GET DESTROYED. LIVE WITH IT, MAN!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #47
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

lol relax man. If that was the case, wouldn't they have scored more in the 2nd half than the 1st?

I stuck with my defense and finished the game on a 30-3 run.

Last edited by orangeafroman; 08-19-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #48
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
lol relax man. If that was the case, wouldn't they have scored more in the 2nd half than the 1st?

I stuck with my defense and finished the game on a 30-3 run.
Please leave. And never come back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »