Home

What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder?

This is a discussion on What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder?

I guess you could consider these "house rules" too. What do you do in game to make it harder/more realistic?
  1. If the CPU gets sacked on a screen or option when they could have easily thrown the ball away or pitched it, I will take offside penalties too offset the loss only. Nothing worse than the computer killing its own drive by taking a needless 8 yard sack. This is a little extreme for some people I know but... since I can't edit playbooks without aggression being screwed up this is important to me.
  2. I don't switch players on defence. I don't use player lock either, as it's too mind bending changing hte persecptive.
  3. I don't go into motion on defence before the play starts, IE move the safety up. If the CPU doesn't do it, then I don't get to it. I also dont play as DE's anymore cuz it's too easy to beat the tackles

I'm quite fascinated to see what stuff other people have come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: What are 3 things you do to make the game better/harder?

Honestly i just play by ask coach for plays and use 1 of the first 3 shown. Helps keep me honest and away from using money plays when i need them.

Other then that i just adjust the sliders as needed to give me the biggest challenge possible without having the CPU complete 25 of 25 pass attempts

201 Rec. 2365 Yards 19 TD
3x All-RMAC 1x All-Colorado College Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBM8UAYXZw (2009-2010 highlights)
Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Take the ice skates off all the player models lol
Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I do a lot of common sense things as I play as sim as I can against the CPU. As for what you're getting at with this topic, one thing I do is whenever the CPU lines up for a stoopid FG that they have 0% change of making (I play on Heisman so this happens a LOT) then I'll call a FG return play and when my return guy catches it (usually at the goal line) I'll run out of bounds @ the 20 yard line to simulate a punt with a touchback. This way I don't get the ball way further downfield from the missed FG.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Didn't buy it this year, but last year...

1. I wouldn't intentionally redshirt players. If they were on the depth chart and played, oh well. The CPU didn't intentionally redshirt people, so why should I? The AI is bad enough that I don't need any more advantages.

2. I didn't talk people into staying that wanted to leave early. Again, the CPU never tries to talk anybody back, and I don't need another advantage.

3. I created playbooks for the CPU on offense and defense. On offense, I took out all screens and some other worthless plays. On defense, I took out all nano blitzes and any play that left my receiver wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »