Home

Freezing Theory

This is a discussion on Freezing Theory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Freezing Theory

I'm on the PS3. My game didn't freeze but my players were moving like turtles. High-stepping to the line of scrimmage. Of course the cpu were moving at full speed. Must've been a new cheat.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Where did I say "everyone"? Where did I indicate my feelings were hurt? Lol

True or false, there are people on here who have no or few freezing issues?

Also true or false. Some people on here would rather complain about an issue than look for a solution?

3rd true or false. People with "their feelings hurt" exaggerate information to meet their agenda and to sway people to see their side?

Admittedly, I never play offline dynasty, so I cannot speak to the freezing issues there. However, are there not people playing offline dynasties who are experiencing no issues?

The first rule of troubleshooting is to isolate the variables. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of things that can customize one person's experience from another's. So that makes it hard to replicate and, in turn, fix.

The known causes are custom playbooks, roster files, corrupted files and lack of memory.

So, to troubleshoot properly, you have to eliminate each of those issues one by one. Unless you do that, you cannot isolate other potential problems.

I already listed the order to try them. If someone does not want to do that, then what do they expect? There's no magic pill.

To use your A/C analogy, what if you found out the reason that your new car was overheating was because there was a blockage in the cooling fan? A foreign object made its way in there somehow and because of that your car overheats. You find the object and remove it and no more overheating issues. Still the manufacturers fault? What if it turned out to be your wrench or socket that caused it?

You have to eliminate the variables first.

Also, stay singular to your specific situation. Whatever someone else says that you interpret in your words is defined as hearsay. That's not meant to be disrespectful. What I mean is that other people leave out bits of information or get lazy and don't follow the steps to alleviate the problem but claim it is not fixed.

Example. In one of my online dynasties last year a guy kept complaining of server issues. He bagged on EA and said the game was crap. Said he would to play the next day. Next day, same issue. So, I suggested he re-download the patches. For some reason he decided to look at his system update and found his PS3 had not been updated. He updated the latest version and, voila, it was fixed.

Same guy the next week has more issues. Now he's really bagging EA. I tell him to try without custom playbooks. Nope, doesn't fix it. Postpones til the next day. Tries several more times and finally gets it to work. "What happened", I ask? "I forgot I was using a custom defensive playbook." All default playbooks, no issue.

It's not ideal, but it is what it is. The fact of the matter is custom playbooks are like heated seats. They are nice and enhance your driving experience, but they're not essential to drive the car.

I'm not excusing the fact that they are buggy. I just think they should have been removed like Madden. The simple solution is to remove them yourself.

Are there still issues unrelated to custom playbooks, roster files, corrupted files and lack of memory? Maybe. But you'll never be able to identify them without first eliminating those are possibilities.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »