Home

Best Uniforms in College Football

This is a discussion on Best Uniforms in College Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Uniforms in College Football

I'm biased for my home team (live literally a 5 min away drive from the campus); the USF Bulls. Never did like the old jerseys, but the new ones with the white helmets and green piping are class.

Clean, understated, not overly flashy.

I also like Penn State (clean, plus blue is my favorite color), Boston College (a lot like Penn State, but w/ diff colors), SMU (really cool old-school retro look) and Michigan Sate (again, retro. Plus clean colors).

The only flashy ones I like is Maryland, simply because its not random, its about state and school pride. Plus the turtle design on the helmets/shoulders are BA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #146
Rookie

My favorites are the simple and traditional uniforms, but my top five are as listed.

1. Texas' Away
2. Auburn's Home
3. Penn State's Home
4. Alabama's Away
5. Mizzouri's New Uniform (one with yellow jersey)

Any team with all white is basically my all-time favorite, Texas for example.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #147
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

College football has turned into a fashion show.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #148
Rookie

ehovUOfan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
There are changes to a uniform and then there are changes to a uniform for marketing purposes. Most of these marketing changes are based on fads and that is the opposite of tradition. Oregon, Boise, Maryland have been the most blatant to sell out to corporate sponsors but all the "pro combat" unis have focused on fashion and marketing over school pride. Changes made to the Navy and Air Force uniforms are two examples of making changes to a uniform while staying classy and true to tradition. What exactly about a chrome helmet screams Oregon University?
Who is this Oregon University you speak of?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #149
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Again you go posting the same thing in this thread too. Who cares? It's called moving on. You just don't like change. But not every college athlete likes to look like he is playing on a high school team.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #150
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
There are changes to a uniform and then there are changes to a uniform for marketing purposes. Most of these marketing changes are based on fads and that is the opposite of tradition. Oregon, Boise, Maryland have been the most blatant to sell out to corporate sponsors but all the "pro combat" unis have focused on fashion and marketing over school pride. Changes made to the Navy and Air Force uniforms are two examples of making changes to a uniform while staying classy and true to tradition. What exactly about a chrome helmet screams Oregon University?
Wait.. Looking stylish and attracting great recruits is a bad thing? Traditional uniforms are overrated. That's all there is too it. People keep thinking that a uniform is tradition. Not really. You can have a team that is awful but has had the same uniform forever, but it's not an issue if they change their uniform. Yet if Notre Dame makes an alternate uniform for one game everyone throws a fit. Just because a team has had more victories, or is in a better conference, doesn't mean they're any more 'traditional'. Tradition shouldn't be uniforms. And anyone that think's so is oblivious. You wouldn't walk out of your house wearing an old wife beater covered in red paint with holes all over it. You would wear something stylish. Something that make's people think, that guy has a nice shirt. That's exactly what a uniform should be. Simply cosmetic. Something to make you look like a badass on the field. Not a piece of tradition. Tradition is your history. Your accomplishments. Not some fabric. Oh and by the way, it's University of Oregon. Not Oregon University.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #151
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Indifference to aesthetics is not a virtue .

To a previous poster, I, too, am a sucker for all whites. Cal's are gnarly. I also really love Auburn's whites and Penn State's, though folks seem to prefer their blues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #152
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Its always been a fashion show. The way teams have tried to win to get FASHION points in the rankings. Sound like fashion to me lol..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »